Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kentg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2006, 10:13 AM
    Noma digital 7 day install
    I have radiant in floor heat, 2 Honeywell dial type thermostats. Heat source is an oil fired hot water heater. Old therostats have 2 wires 1 black and 1 white. On the new multi terminal digitals what does the black connect to and also the white. No blower or A/C. There is a removable loop between the RH & RC terminals.
    Please Black goes to? white goes to ?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2006, 11:34 AM
    My guess is black to RH, and white to W. Go to the boiler controls to make sure. You want the wire connected to one side of the transformer connected to RH, and the one that goes to the rest of the controls connected to W. Don't worry about RC unless you add A/C.
    kentg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2006, 02:23 PM
    By transformer do you mean the burner unit, it's a Riello and is wired into my main breaker panel. There are 2 thermastats one for each level of the house and I have a new digital for each.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing noma digital thermostat [ 4 Answers ]

Hi - I am having difficulty replacing my old thermostat with a Noma brand programmable thermostat. The old thermostat - an old manual mercury type - is connected to 5 wires labelled on the circuit board as G, R, Y, W, and 4. it looks very much like the model shown on this website: ...

How to install Noma digital thermostat [ 6 Answers ]

I bought a home with a new Carrier hi efficiency gas furnace but the old original White Rodgers theromstat. The original thermostat is the mercury switch type for both heat and cool and has 4 wires (Red, White, Green and Black). I tried to install a new Noma #52-2570-6 digital thermostat, which...

Noma thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a NOMA Programmable 7-Day Thermostat, but today it seems to have gone strange. I had it on the Cool and heat started coming out of the vents. I thought the air conditioning was broken, so I turned the thermostat off, but a little while later the vent came on with hot air again? How...

Noma thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I think this may be a typical problem with converting to a Noma programmable thermostat. I currently have a Sears model , 4 wire and a black wire (jumper?) going from RC to 4. There is also a disabled black wire coming from the wall but not connected to anything. Do I eliminate the black...

Noma Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I have installed two Noma non-programmable thermostats in my bedroom. On controls the heat and the other controls the AC. My question is, why are the displayed temperatures different on each thermostat? They are literally 2 inches apart and the indicated temp on one is 1.2 degrees higher than on...

View more questions Search