Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tntdynamite Posts: 92, Reputation: 6

Oct 14, 2009, 06:45 PM
    Red bumps on arms
    I have these red bumps on the outer part of my upper arms. They don't itch or anything, and they've always been there. I've seen other people with it, but I still don't know what it is. I don't remember when I noticed it, I just know it's been there for a while. It can get really dry looking too. Can anyone tell me what this is and what I can do to get rid of it?
    s2tp Posts: 299, Reputation: 61

Oct 14, 2009, 07:06 PM

keratosis pilaris

Keratosis pilaris - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am short on time so I can't go into detail, but it is a very popular skin condition basically caused because your body is creating too much calcium and not shedding properly. There are different techniques and products out there, but I am pretty sure none take it away perminanltly and you will have to keep up a constant regimine to keep it at bay... now that you know what it is you can find lots of help through Google... or I will try and get back on here later and reply with more information =)

Oct 15, 2009, 04:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by s2tp View Post
    keratosis pilaris

Keratosis pilaris - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

basically caused because your body is creating too much calcium and not shedding properly.
    So if I cut down on dairy will that help too?
    Thank you so much!!
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2009, 04:18 AM

I cut out most Dairy, sugar and most garbage. It has helped. You can exfoliate in the shower with those soaps thhat have exfoliating beads. I have noticed that this helps a lot.

Oct 17, 2009, 05:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by danielnoahsmommy View Post
    You can exfoliate in the shower with those soaps thhat have exfoliating beads. I have noticed that this helps alot.
    I've been doing that, and it's really been helping. THANK YOU!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bumps on my arms from sun. Why? [ 14 Answers ]

I'm Not A Big Fan Of The Sun. But Lately, I've Been Exposing My Skin More To The Sun, Cause I'm Really Pale And I Need The Sunlight. My Arms And Hands Have Bumps On Them Since I've Been Out In The Sun. Does Anyone Know Why?

Little bumps on the back of arms. [ 1 Answers ]

I recently noticed I have little bumps on the back of my arms, you can't really even see them but they are just not smooth like they used to be. I remember a friend of mine in high school had this happen to her so I know I'm not alone but I don't know how to treat it! Does anyone know what...

Red bumps on arms [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I've always had these annoying bumps on my upper arms. I never knew how I got them and how to lose 'em. Some of my friends have them too and my brother. Does anybody know what they are and how to get rid of them... they are really embarasing:eek: :confused: :(??

Dry raised bumps on arms [ 1 Answers ]

I am not a sun worshiper, but I have had to be outside a lot this summer. I have had a couple of odd bumps form on my forearm that weren't there before a couple months ago. They don't have any real color other than skin color, are dry and flaky, and not really uniform in shape. Any idea what...

Bumps on arms [ 3 Answers ]

I started shaving my arms a week ago but I have noticed a lot of red bumps along my arms what is this and is there nehting I can do about it

View more questions Search