Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2009, 04:22 PM
    System administrator?
    Hi, I'm tryig to use The Print Shop program on my computer, we've used it before with no problem, now when I start it I get a message saying... " Unable to launch The Print Shop at this time. Please have the System Administrator log in and run The Print Shop one time in order to complete Windows 2000 compliancy upgrade." where is Administrator, and what do I need to do to log in as Adm. Thanks for any help. My computer is HP and running Vista home version if it matters.
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2009, 06:24 PM
    You might try to use the Run as Administrator option.

1. Find the application's icon and Right-click on it
    2. From the Context Menu select the Run As Administrator option
    3. Now try running the program
    4. If the User Account Control (UAC) message appears, click Continue

Hopefully, the program just wants admin rights to install or something. Thus, you would only need to do this procedure once.

Good luck,
    WallyH (not a Vista expert)
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2009, 06:55 PM

Also, try running the setup/install again and let it install to same folder as installed to now
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2009, 07:04 PM

Seahwk I have tried the re-install, didn't help, Wally I got it to run your way, but I had to hold down the shift key to have the choice to run as..

Thanks for the quick and helpful aid

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Logged in as an administrator [ 2 Answers ]

My computer won't allow me to do some things as it says I am not an administrator, when I am! It is my computer and I have checked my user account details and it says I am the administrator but I am still told I do not have the correct privileges to change most setting! I do not understand why this...

Log on as administrator? [ 1 Answers ]

Read in help that one should not log on computer as an administrator- how do I ADD MYSELF TO A USER GROUP CORRECTLY? Lfollowed help instructions but was ltold I did it incorrectly. What are your thoughts... Thanks Operating syst windows 2000

View more questions Search