Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CMCCARROLL Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2003, 11:08 AM
    Dry Skin
    I have an older female Dachsund and her skin tends to get extremely dry. What product would work to help keep her skin normal or what product should she take to help this problem. :)
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2003, 01:41 PM
    Re: Dry Skin
    The first step is to avoid excessive bathing. Frequent brushing will usually control odor and shedding. Fleas are best controlled with some of the modern products such as Advantage, Program, contact, etc. When you do bath her, rinse, rinse, rinse, and maybe use a conditioner.

Most of your premium dog chows if anything have more fat than is needed to keep the coat and skin in good shape. If you are feeding a lower cost one, you might try adding a teaspoon of liquid cooking oil a day to her food.

I don't like the smell, but I know people use Alpha Keri lotion on their dogs.
    dyanna_marie Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2003, 07:02 PM
    Re: Dry Skin
    The type of food is very important for all aspects of a dog's health. Try adding a vitamin supplement to the food. There are several types and tastes available. Also try adding a vitamin e gel tab. To the food every few days. To provide relief to the dog, try a hydrocortisone spray to help relieve some itching..
    Hope this helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dry sensitive skin.. Help! [ 10 Answers ]

I have really really sensitive and dry skin.I use vitamin e oil as a moisturizer,but sometimes I just want a cream that lasts at least 8 hours,but I have not found that yet.Any suggestions?! (not to mention that I have eczema too!)

Skin help! [ 3 Answers ]

Hey all, I am white and I have a black husband, he is the only one I have ever been with but my son came out just as white as me, it kind of made me sad because I love my husbands color, is there anything I can do to darken my son up and have it stay that way? Please help! People question my...

Skin Care [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a sister that for many years I notice that her neck was really dark. I asked her why and to acted liked she was a shamed and I didn't wan't her to feel that way but I wanted to know. She came out and told me that she never really took care of her skin and that it was dirt that was...

Skin [ 9 Answers ]

I have bumps on my legs and it isn't razor burn. Do you have and suggestions to what it is or how to get rid of it fast? :confused:

I have a question regarding skin. Question is on skin... [ 1 Answers ]

whenever I get hit or scratched, or bitten to hard, that area of my skin where is occurred gets red and then I get a white raised bump ( of skin) in the senter or along the redness. It goes away in minutes but still highly unattractive. What can I do to prevent this?? Sum 1 email me help....

View more questions Search