Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaynik Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2009, 12:59 AM
    Bad beagle
    My beagle is eating everting in site how can I stop her? Stones,leafs,mud,table and chairs,my kids feet,arm,hands,she is nine weeks old
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2009, 01:33 AM

Puppies are like babies, they test every out with their mouths.

To deter her from dangerous things like rocks, or expensive things like tables and chairs you can buy bitter sprays from pet stores to spray on anything she has been chewing, you can also try citronella which is available at camping stores.

Does she have a lot of toys?
    Distracting her with fun toys would be a good option as well, I like kongs as they are not only tough and fun but you can hide food inside them to keep the dog entertained for longer.

As for biting you and your kids, when she does this let out an "ouch!" loudly and stand up and ignore her. This shows her that she has hurt you (the audible 'ouch') and it 'punishes' her by taking away the thing they want most... attention.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2009, 03:20 AM

When you let out the ouch, make it an exaggerated high pitch ouch!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Still need help on my beagle pup [ 5 Answers ]

I am still having the same problems as before with my beagle... the kennel training for us has been hell... I thought dogs aren't supposed to pooh in their sleeping space and eating place?. is it just a phase pups go through when they pee when they haven't seen you in awhile?. im getting all kinds...

Beagle barks when alone [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 12 week old beagle puppy. She doesn't let out a peep when we're home with her or even at night, but when we leave her during the day she barks and howls constantly. We live in an apartment so this is a big problem with neighbors. We are even trying a shock collar right now but it seems...

Beagle won't pee outside [ 4 Answers ]

I recently got a beagle puppy and she refuses to pee or poo outside. I crate her at night and take her outside in the morning and she will not go, but then 2 minutes after I get in the house she will go. The same thing happens when I take her for an evening walk, she goes to the bathroom the...

About my beagle [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old beagle that is scraching so bad that she is making her self bleed and scabe up bu tthere is no hair lose what can I do for dry skin if that's the case is you coud help me I would aprishat it thank you karen

Need help beagle [ 1 Answers ]

My dog is 4 years old He has gotten very sick and I cannot afford to take him to a vet. He has become very tired won't eat and is drinking some water but not much .He is an outside dog he has had all his shots. I went and purchased some penecillin to see if that would help but his condition is not...

View more questions Search