Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Twinberlyn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2009, 08:32 PM
    Replacement furnace
    I have an old (inspection sticker states 1/18/78) Friedrich Furnace. It runs great but am wondering if I should be replacing it. What am I losing in efficiency compared to what my investment and return (lower utility bills) will be. Any advice? My home is 1100 square feet with 1 1/2 stories and semi finished basement. Would a new thermostat help?
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2009, 09:02 PM

At this point you stand to gain a lot with new more efficient furnace, a few good reasons to replace would be safety,peace of mind and if you are located in the U.S you would be eligible for tax rebates of up to 30% off the installation costs if installed before the end of the year.

If you could give us the brand name and model number of the furnace we could give you an idea what you may save.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace and AC Replacement [ 1 Answers ]

Hello All - I have a 16 year old Lenox Central Air unit and Furnace. This year the A/C unit failed and would cost approximatley $600 to repair. I am evaluating a complete system replacement (Furnace and AC). I am looking to replace with mid range Amana units. My home is 1580 sqft. I am...

Gas furnace fan replacement [ 2 Answers ]

I need to change the fan on my Lennox furnace. Is this a big job or can I do this myself. I may have misdiagnosed the problem, but, the heat is on, it just doesn't blow out of the vents, so I'm assuming that it's the blower fan that's shot.:confused:

Replacement furnace [ 3 Answers ]

Considering Rheem modulating, however after reading posts online a little hesitant. Being a replacement read that return air is extremely important. Am replacing supply air duct size but contractor said return size of 8 x 14 sufficient.? Is return size as important say as in a two stage...

Furnace and A/C Replacement [ 1 Answers ]

My house is 12 years old and during my annual inspection this week the technician tells me my a/c unit is about to die. It's a Carrier system and I noticed the outdoor unit (compressor?) was pretty loud last summer. I recently replaced the blower motor on my furnace and it seems to be operating...

Furnace replacement [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 50+ yo gas furnace and a 7 yo, fully functional A/C. The furnace has been repaired too many times and the parts are now hard to get. The blower is bad. We have decided to replace the furnace. As the bids came, all of a sudden, the estimates escalated as the majority of the bids...

View more questions Search