Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Thunderdog Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2009, 06:37 PM
    Dark under eye circles- black man
    Hi Folks, I am new to this board but looks great. Here is my question: I have hyperpigmentation under my eyes which makes me look tired all the time. Well, being African-American has made this topic very sensitive because I choose not to wear make-up. I am medium complexion (Will Smith shade) but got Michael Jordan dark spots.

I've read about several products such as monobenzone and hydroquinone. Is there any side effects I should be aware of and does this stuff work? I am considering both on a trail basis in the 5% to 20% range. Surgery is another option but it looks evasive and costly. Thanks in advance.
    yes___I mean no Posts: 35, Reputation: 2
    -

Oct 16, 2009, 09:51 PM

Don't use monobenzone for that you should go for something like
    Arbutin,hydroquinone 2%, Alpha hydroxy acids, Kojic acid, Azelaic acid, Vitamin C AND Glutathione

If you use monobenzone you will be will smith's complexion with white curcles over your eyes.

The 5 ft racoon
    Thunderdog Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2009, 10:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by yes___I mean no View Post
    dont use monobenzone for that you should go for somthing like
    arbutin,hydroquinone 2%, Alpha hydroxy acids, Kojic acid, Azelaic acid, Vitamin C AND Glutathione

if you use monobenzone you will be will smith's complexion with white curcles over your eyes.

the 5 ft racoon
    Thanks for the response, I did read that monobenzone will remove the cells that create any skin color (i.e. albino).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dark Circles or Dark Shades Under My Eyes [ 4 Answers ]

Hello it really bothers me that I have dark circles under my eyes and some people think that I'm doing drugs or something like that because of my dark circles and they make my eyes look small. I absolutlely hate it when I get my picture taken and I look so tired in all of them but my mother also...

Black Ring Around Nose & Dark Eye Circles [ 5 Answers ]

Hi My name is Sophia and I have dark circles around my eyes. I also have a dark ring going across my nose. I was wondering if you have any idea of how I can work on diminishing them?? I have had both of these problems since I was a little girl and now I'm 22 years old. If you can or can't help...

Dark circles [ 1 Answers ]

Can I use skin lighteners under my eyes for dark circles or are my eyes to sensitive? I know that liquorice has anti inflammatory properties, would that help for the puffiness

Dark circles [ 1 Answers ]

:p Hi i want to know how to get rid of dark circles below my eyes!!nothing works for me its just hell any advice please tell me and i don't want to spend too much :confused:

View more questions Search