Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KatieK Posts: 20, Reputation: -1

Oct 13, 2009, 02:39 PM
    8 years, 5 doctors, 1 child. Why can't I have 1 more?
    I am 27 years old. My only son was born in 2001. My husband and I have been trying for the last 8 years to have another one. 5 Doctors and still no answer! After having my 1st child, I have had no menstural cycle. Maybe 3 or 4 light ones since then. I am 5'3 and 200lbs. Can anyone help??
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2009, 05:47 AM

I've recently read that it's fairly common for women to experience secondary infertility. Along with that I've also read that success rates for treating it are high, so keep your head up! Sounds like you have irregular ovulation; has your doctor concluded whether you have been or not? Some things you can do to naturally boost fertility include, RELAXING, cut back on red meats and trans fat, have more veggies and nuts, exercise, and eat full fat dairy. Here is something I read you may want to think about if you haven't already: "While you may not have had a preexisting fertility problem, something may have happened since the birth of your first child to make you have problems conceiving. Think back to your delivery: Were there any complications that may have influenced your fertility? What about any medication you've taken, trauma during pregnancy or lifestyle changes, such as increased stress? “Stress can seriously limit your chances of becoming pregnant,” says Dr. Sushma Shah. Food sensitivities, Candida and an unhealthy diet can also cause fertility issues." Another thing I would like to point out is your BMI which is 35.4. This puts you in the obese category which is a factor when considering your infertility.The Patient's Doctor: Obesity and infertility Starting a more healthy lifestyle could very well bring you your much anticipated pregnancy. I really hope this helps! Good luck!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 14, 2009, 05:49 AM
    Have you seen a fertility doctor?

As Rank said above, secondary infertility is common. Also, your weight may be a factor in conceiving. Did you weigh the same when you conceived your son?
    23memi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2009, 01:55 PM
    My friend had something like you to Katie K. She finally went to England and found a doctor named Mr. Mikey
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Oct 15, 2009, 07:12 AM

It sounds like you're not ovulating frequently based on your menstral cycles. Have any of the doctors addressed why, specifically?

Oct 15, 2009, 04:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LearningAsIGo View Post
    It sounds like you're not ovulating frequently based on your menstral cycles. Have any of the doctors addressed why, specifically?
    No! I have had tests done on my blood work. Vitamin D is low so I take those pills now. I take synthriod for my thyriod. I have had an ultrasound and my oviaries are great. Otherwise they keep tlling me I need to loose wieght. I can loose about 20 pounds and then that's it. I have taken progesteron too. I am so confused!

Oct 15, 2009, 04:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Have you seen a fertility doctor?

As Rank said above, secondary infertility is common. Also, your weight may be a factor in conceiving. Did you weigh the same when you conceived your son?
    No! But why can any other obese person in the world get pregnant, but I can't.? I am not that overweight. And I lead and live a pretty healthy lifestyle.

Oct 15, 2009, 04:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rankrank55 View Post
    I've recently read that it's fairly common for women to experience secondary infertility. Along with that I've also read that success rates for treating it are high, so keep your head up! Sounds like you have irregular ovulation; has your doctor concluded whether or not you have been or not? Some things you can do to naturally boost fertility include, RELAXING, cut back on red meats and trans fat, have more veggies and nuts, exercise, and eat full fat dairy. Here is something I read you may want to think about if you haven't already: "While you may not have had a preexisting fertility problem, something may have happened since the birth of your first child to make you have problems conceiving. Think back to your delivery: Were there any complications that may have influenced your fertility? What about any medication you’ve taken, trauma during pregnancy or lifestyle changes, such as increased stress? “Stress can seriously limit your chances of becoming pregnant,” says Dr. Sushma Shah. Food sensitivities, Candida and an unhealthy diet can also cause fertility issues." Another thing I would like to point out is your BMI which is 35.4. This puts you in the obese category which is a factor when considering your infertility.The Patient's Doctor: Obesity and infertility Starting a more healthy lifestyle could very well bring you your much anticipated pregnancy. I really hope this helps! Good luck!
    Thanks for all your help! PLEASE keep your thoughts, ideas, facts, etc. coming. THANK YOU!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 15, 2009, 04:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KatieK View Post
    No! But why can any other obese person in the world get pregnat, but I can't.??? I am not that overweight. And I lead and live a pretty healthy lifestyle.
    Unfortunately, it is harder for people with thyroid problems to get pregnant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child can't talk at age 3.9 years [ 2 Answers ]

"My son is years and 10 months old. Though he follows some of my instructions like switch off the lights etc, he doesn't speak at all except of making noises. When i call him by his name, sometimes he listens and reach where iam sitting sometime he doesn't even look at me though iam sitting besides...

18 years of child upport [ 1 Answers ]

I am 26 years old married and have 2 kids my question is at my age can I sue my father for child support that he never paid I did not receive any money from him ever... can this be posible? My mother and my grandparents raised me and supported me but because of finantial problem with them they did...

10+years and now she wants child support, [ 6 Answers ]

I was 15 when I got my ex girlfriend pregnant, She was 17, I went to school and got a part time job, She gave birth to my daughter we did the whole family thing, She got pregnant again and took both the kids to her mother, She partied etc etc... I worked hard went to school and she just partied...

Child support 12 years later [ 2 Answers ]

As I explained before I was told I was not the father. If another mans name is on the bith certificate will that matter, can I get 50/50 custody, or visitation? What about my family I have 4 children by my wife and I am the sole provider. Can she be held accountable too? She had to mention...

Child support 12 years later [ 2 Answers ]

How can support be order after 12 years of dening I am the father? Another man took that responsibility after I was told I was not the father. The bad thing about it is this woman may have been on the system, will I have to pay all that too? I am requesting a paternity test ASAP!

View more questions Search