Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joaquinmartha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2006, 12:42 AM
    401k going to real state investment
    :confuseThak you for your help
    My wife has some money in her 401 k
    Now is not longer working for the same company and now she wants to take her 401k money and use it in real state .
    She wants invest some money in real state but she dosen't want a pay the penalty in taxes .
    There is any way she can roll over the 401 k into real state with out lossing so much money in taxes .
    Is not our 1st home .
    Thank you
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Nov 3, 2006, 04:35 PM
    The only way to can invest tax-deferred money in real estate is in some type of trust setup. The best option would be REITs (Real Estate Investment Trusts).

Direct investment in real estate is prohibited.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Buying investment real estate and renting it to myself [ 5 Answers ]

Just wondering... Is it legal to buy a small house, put the property in an LLC, and rent it to myself under another LLC? I am self employed in sales. While a lot of people in my field work out of their house, I chose to rent a small office. Rather than keep paying rent and see the money go...

401K and which state tax ? [ 1 Answers ]

I understand that I have to pay fed and state tax when I take out 401K at 59 1/2 yrs old. Currently I have lived in California for 30 yrs and have 401K. Next year I plan to retire and considering moving to Texas or Arizona where the cost of living is lower than California. Question: which...

Investment [ 5 Answers ]

A company invests $100 into an account to earn interest. How would I show this on the balance sheet? (I debited the asset, "Short-term investment", and credited "Owner's Equity") I would like to know, specifically, what account in Owner's Equity am I crediting?

Capitol Gains, Real Estate & investment ? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: We are selling family property (178 acres & a house), to be split between 6 siblings. It will sell between $1 & $1.6 million. Will we have to pay Capitol Gains on 1/6 of the selling price, or the whole amount? Will we have to "buy up" to avoid Capitol Gains? We will be...

Investment in IT... [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all. Can you answer a newbie - what is it? Simple bying software or something more? I do not mean creating my own IT-company :rolleyes:

View more questions Search