Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jyoti Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2006, 12:03 AM
    How should I teach my kid how to behave in front of unknown people?
    I have a 4 yr old boy. He is been loved by all my family members.
    He is very normal if he meets unknows kids and behaves normal, but when I take him to my office or at a place where he is only a child and others all look at him and start paying extra attention at him , then he behaves as a cartoon. Very irritating expressions he gives and we feel very bad as he is not that way any other time.

He forgets his manners and acts very rudely. At that time he will not listen to us.

Will I be able to teach him some behaviours.
    helixfire Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Nov 3, 2006, 12:20 AM
    Have you tried to sit down with him at home and explain to him why he shouldn't act that way before he does it?
    My daughter is 5, and when she does something that is unacceptable I explain to her (as if she were adult) why I scolded her or why it upsets me when she does it. Overall, she's pretty good about that. When he's at your office is there anyhting for him to do? Maybe have him draw or color. Sort of like "alone time". I think I need to know more about the situtaion. Would you say you personally spend a lot of time with him?
    Jyoti Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2006, 02:51 AM
    I have not done that.. as I am observing this recently. Definitely I will try to speak to him. But will he understand.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2006, 05:22 AM
    Talk to him about how he should behave around other adults. If that doesn't work then keep him away from their presence for a while and give him a chance to outgrow it.
    dbek Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Nov 17, 2006, 09:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyoti
    I have a 4 yr old boy. He is been loved by all my family members.
    He is very normal if he meets unknows kids and behaves normal, but when I take him to my office or at a place where he is only a child and others all look at him and start paying extra attention at him , then he behaves as a cartoon. Very irritating expressions he gives and we feel very bad as he is not that way any other time.

He forgets his manners and acts very rudely. At that time he will not listen to us.

Will I be able to teach him some behaviours.
    Yes you can-you need to be consistent with your discipline. Tell him that if his behavior doesn't stop you will take him to the car and next time he won't be able to go. But you have to follow threw with this every time. My children know if they don't behave that when they get home we will talk about it and they don't like that at all. I used this with all 4 of my children and was firm with it. I once even put my daughter in a chair by Younkers (in the mall) and she was screaming and crying and I told her when she behaved, listen and her time was up she could get up. Yes it was pretty embarrassing for me as a parent but I felt I was doing the right thing. One other time I took her out of the mall screaming and took her to the car. We also left a restaurant once in the middle of our meal because of our children weren't listen. But I tell you know, I don't have to be embarrassed to take my children anywhere. They are very well behaved, and have many people commit on how well they behave. They are now 10, 8, and two 7 year olds. Give it a try.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can Somewon Teach Me A Card Trick? [ 10 Answers ]

:confused: Hi I'm sorry to waste your time but I've just bought a packet of cards and I thought I know I'll go to help desk to find out some card tricks!! So if you don't mind could somwon teach me a trick or recommend a website that would! Thank you.:cool:

How do you teach your young children about sex? [ 5 Answers ]

My 5 year old son has been masturbating ever since I can remember, but after he turned 2, he learned not to do it in public, although I know he has continued to do it fairly regularly on his own. He started learning this year in school the different parts of the body, including sexual organs. He...

Should I teach? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if you could advise me concerning my current education situation. I'm a sophomore tunring into a junior at Rowan University and I was pursuing a major in English and certification to be a teacher. I wanted to be a high school or middle school English/Literature teacher, but I...

View more questions Search