Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hayleyevs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2009, 10:41 AM
    Pregnancy and work
    Is it possible to receive a warning for pregnancy related illness during pregnancy ?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2009, 10:42 AM

Yes, it's possible. I have seen people forced to go off work on disability because of pregnancy issues.

Do you have a union or employment contract?

If you have received a warning it would appear that, yes, it's possible.
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

Oct 13, 2009, 05:05 PM

I know during my first pregnancy I had several pregnancy related health problems that led me to take a lot of time of throughout my entire pregnancy, but my employer never had a problem with it as long as I had a doctors note explaining why I had to be off. If I didn't have a note, I would have been written up.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 13, 2009, 06:40 PM

If you are in the US, unless you are talking off larger chunks of time, but if you are just missing a day here or there, yes they can use that as a negative against you
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2009, 06:42 PM

I asked about a union or employment contract because it's pretty much employment at will - and that would certainly come into play if this is reduced work capacity or time off here and there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No signs of pregnancy, negative pregnancy test, and period three days late. [ 4 Answers ]

My period is three days late now, and I was having cramps like I was going to start it, but then it never came. I've been worried, because me & my boyfriend have had sex unprotected, using the pull out method, & I have been reading about the "pre " thing, & I'm worried I got pregnant by that, but I...

Irregular periods, and pregnancy symptoms, but negative pregnancy test at home [ 19 Answers ]

Hi, Im 19 and I have had irregular periods since January of 09 My last normal period was on Nov 24 of 08 and then I was 13 days late for my period and it was really light. The next month I was only three days late, but my period was barely there. I have been experiencing many signs of pregnance,...

6 1/2 week pregnancy loss and delayed next pregnancy. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I lost a 6 1/2 week pregancy in January 2008. My periods returned in February With the cause not known,I started trying actively in march . A scan revealed all was well and I have been timing planning and trying for the past 9 months but my periods still come every month. I am expecting my...

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? [ 2 Answers ]

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? They are also known an point of sale and kiosks like the ones in mcdonalds or leisure centres

View more questions Search