Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yellowstarlady Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2009, 10:34 AM
    When to start new pack of pills?
    I have been on MonoNessa birth control for the past year. I had some irregular periods for the past 2 months and my doctor switched me to a higher dose pill Orgestal. I was wondering, I am due to get my period Sunday, should I start my new pack of pills then? Or wait until after my period? If I start my pills on the first day of my period will my period not come this month?

Please help!
    Thanks!
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2009, 10:48 AM

I usually begin taking the active pills on the right day (according to the packaging) during my period...

So if I get my period on a Thursday then I start taking the active pills on the Monday even if my period is a day or two away from finishing.
    You can start taking the non active pills during your period if you wish, they don't do anything, they are just to keep you in the habit of taking the tablet every day.

It takes a few days for the pills to get into your system so your period will not stop immediately.

Also it takes 14 days before they are 'doing their job' at preventing you from becoming pregnant so keep that in mind if you plan on having unprotected sex.
    And the pill does not protect against STD's (just a reminder :) )
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2009, 10:51 AM

I just completely read that wrong... sorry...

I would start taking the non active pills this Monday and continue through until you start taking the active ones the Monday after (once your period has finished)

Oct 13, 2009, 02:36 PM

So you think that I should wait until after my period has stopped to start taking my new pack of new pills?

Would it be bad to start them during my period? My boyfriend is coming to visit so I was just wondering
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2009, 02:42 PM

Once you period start you would start that Sunday even if it was day 1-7 . This is based on what I remember. I would follow the directions that came with the pills or contact the doctor who prescribed them.
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2009, 02:43 PM
    You are not safe from pregnancy rght away usually takes 1-2 cycles again check with the above . Also note that the pill does not protect against std.

Oct 13, 2009, 03:02 PM

Sorry for all the questions, but what if my period comes early? It looks like it might be coming soon even though technically it's not supposed to come until Sunday. Should I stop taking the active pills when that happens and just start my new pack when it ends? Or should I keep taking the active pills?
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2009, 03:37 PM

Keep taking you active pills until your pack is complete

Oct 13, 2009, 05:11 PM

So take the active pills throughout the period and then my placebo pills even though it will make my period go longer? Or just not take the placebo pills at all?
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2009, 06:43 PM

Take all the pills. You should not have your period before pills are complete unless you did not take them as directed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get a bigger 6 pack or a 8 pack ? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi :) I have already got a 6 pack but it isn't very see able. I need to do more exercise to increase its visibleness. And how to get the lower abdominal muscles bigger. Thanks

What happens if I miss the first pill of a new pack, and therefore start a day late? [ 1 Answers ]

I went to the pharmacy too late today, so I couldn't pick up my contraceptive pills. This is my fourth pack, so it is not the first time I am taking them. It's Sunday and I'm at the end of my period week. Because I can't take my first pill tonight, my plan was to start it tomorrow, and then once I...

What happens if I don't start my next birth control pack right away? [ 2 Answers ]

I started birth control two months ago. I just finished my second pack, but I can't afford another pack. What happens if I don't start then next one after a whole week? Can I just start it back again normally? Or do I have to take like two a day or something? Thank you!

What is the difference between "Service Pack 2" and "Service Pack 2 v 2096" for Windo [ 1 Answers ]

I M CONFUSING IN WINDOWS SERVICEPACK 2 AND SERVICE PACK 2 V.2096 What is the difference between "Service Pack 2" and "Service Pack 2 v 2096" for Windows XP. Thanks Purendra

Adricted to diet pills and over the counter pills [ 5 Answers ]

:o I have for the past 4 years been adicted to dietr pills and over the counter pills I even take more then I need toi have tried to stop before but just couldn't stop. I want to stop and I want to get better but I don't know how I can stop with out help but I don't want to sign myself into a...

View more questions Search