Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helixfire Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Nov 2, 2006, 11:32 PM
    CSS Div layers for each screen size?
    HI!

I was wondering if anyone knew if there is a way (and if so how) to auto resize div layers according to a persons screen resolution and if not, is there a way (and if so how) to either call an external css file accordingly or code internal css to do the same thing?
    That's a mouthful! But your help would be much much appreciated and would save me countless hours of trial and error options and of course mental pain! ;)
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2006, 09:45 AM
    You can use percentages in your CSS. So:

Code:
    div {
      width: 50%;
    }
    Would give you a div with a width of 50%.
    helixfire Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Nov 8, 2006, 04:40 AM
    Thanks a lot!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Border size in CSS and Firefox [ 2 Answers ]

This syle: Width:111px; border-top-width:1px; border-left-width:1px; border-right-width:1px; border-bottom-width:1px; border-color:#B0C6EB; border-style:solid; Works good in IE but has wrong height in Firefox. What I can do? http://www.mightybook.com

20 layers of paint! [ 6 Answers ]

Purchased a 100 yr. old home... need to save $ with DIY projects... does anyone have a recommendation of the absolute best product to remove some 20 layers of paint on bannisters/doors/frames? Thanks a bunch.:

Div Vs Table [ 3 Answers ]

Just a quick question. I've seen a few pages on the internet about using DIV tags instead of tables. Could someone just quickly tell me what's the best to use? I could imagine DIV tags would provide you more control via CSS, but I can also see that they would be a pain in the ass to use. ...

Layers [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm wondering if it is possible to centre a layer according to the size of the browsers window like a centre table would. Many Thanks, John

View more questions Search