Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wings06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2006, 10:08 PM
    Bank bonding
    My son was charged with a felony when he was 20 yrs old having drugs in his possession with intent to distrtibute, however after review by the district attorney charges were dismissed and no court date was necessry. Now 2 yers later he has been hired by a bank after passing the drug test. He has done his training and was informed that his finger prints need to be retaken due to there clarity. Could this mean there could be a possibility that the bank might not be able to bond him even though he was not convicted
    Of anything. What to do?

Very concerned mom;

wings06
    helixfire Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Nov 3, 2006, 12:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wings06
    My son was charged with a felony when he was 20 yrs old having drugs in his possesion with intent to distrtibute, however after review by the district attorney charges were dismissed and no court date was necessry. Now 2 yers later he has been hired by a bank after passing the drug test. he has done his training and was informed that his finger prints need to be retaken due to there clarity. Could this mean there could be a possibility that the bank might not be able to bond him even though he was not convicted
    of anything. What to do?

very concerned mom;

wings06
    You said he was charged but then the charges were dismissed? I'm a little confused.
    But I do know, if he was charged and then it was expunged that doesn't always mean the records unviewable. If it was just dropped completely then he should be OK. Although, I I've seen where the charge was dropped and forgotten to be removed form the database.
    But in general banks do pretty deep background checks.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2006, 06:48 AM
    Hello wings:

It depends on the requirements of the bonding company. However, just an arrest shouldn't stop the bond. Anybody can get arrested.

excon
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Nov 6, 2006, 09:10 PM
    excon, the bonding requirements are simple, "requirements of the bonding company"? if you are hired by a bank you are automatically covered under their required "bankers BLANKET bond", no one is named individaully in such bonds, they are "blanket" coveage and cover all bank employees. The bank either hires you and you work for them and thus are covered OR you are not hired and you are not an employee and thus you are not covered. Bankers Blanket Bonds are required of all banks to be federally insured.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bonding [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to replace a 60amp meter base with a 100amp meter base with an outside disconnect. The main service breaker box is already a 100 amp. The question is, if I ground the outside disconnect and run 4 wire to the main pannel should the main pannel stay bonded like it is now?

Bank [ 3 Answers ]

In what case do creditors go after your bank account? Is it the fairly large debt owed or any?

Metallic bonding in Strontium [ 1 Answers ]

How do you show metallic bonding in Strontium metal? How do you show covalent bonding using the dot and cross and stick formation in Silicon Disulphide? What's is the formula for ionic bodning of Beryllium and Phosphorus? What's is the compound

Atoms and bonding [ 3 Answers ]

PLEASE READ THIS AND HELP ME OUT! Hey guys, uhh so I don't really like getting help with homework but there are some questions on my science homework, and I love science, but its about atoms, and I don't really understand atoms so I am asking for some help, all right so this is 9th grade science...

View more questions Search