Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    antrice clark Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2009, 09:24 PM
    Where do I get braces ?
    Where should I go or who should I talk to to get really cheap braces , or maybe even free braces , & yes it is possible because my cousin got hers for free , plese help me because my teeth are REALLY jacked & my parents can pay for them because we can't afford them . PLEASE HELP ME .
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 12, 2009, 09:39 PM

Why not ask your cousin where she got hers done?

I've never heard of any Dentist that does this for free.
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

Oct 12, 2009, 11:42 PM

We did it for CHEAP in dental school... like I'm talking 1/4 of the price... so if you can spend a bit of extra time and patience having it done by students... call your nearest dental school
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 13, 2009, 02:54 AM

Yes, if you know someone getting it free, go where they are, I have never heard of that except where they have insurance or state coverage though low income coverage
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2009, 04:59 AM
    I've only heard of braces being done for free once in my career that I know of and it was more for medical/psychiatric reasons. Definitely ask your cousin where she got hers done or find the closest Dental School and register with them.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2009, 07:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir1981 View Post
    We did it for CHEAP in dental school...like im talking 1/4 of the price....so if you can spend a bit of extra time and patience having it done by students...call your nearest dental school

You say "we" did it for cheap - you are a Dentist?
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2009, 08:16 AM
    Yes, he's a DDS.
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Nov 5, 2009, 10:44 AM

I always see comercials on TV for cheaper braces. I think one of them was 1-800 braces, but I'm pretty sure it's only for the pennsylvania/new jersey region.
    Another number you can call is 1-800 dentist. It helps you find a dentist or orthodontist in your area based on the type of insurance you have or if you don't have insurance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I get braces? [ 12 Answers ]

Hello. Well anyway I went to the dentist a while back and he recommended braces because I have a overlap in my front two teeth. I came back and told my mom and she said she doesn't want me to have braces because my older sister had them and they have wrecked her teeth. I feel like I need them...

I Had Braces Once, But Now. [ 4 Answers ]

I had braces for two years, from 7th-9th grade. When I got them off, I never wore my retainers, so my teeth shifted. Thankfully, my orthodontist had periodic checkups later in my 9th grade year and this isnpired me to shove my retainers back in. For a few more months, this shoving them in every...

Braces [ 4 Answers ]

My teeth are not crooked, but I hate my teeth because they are spaced out a little. I just want to have braces before I get into college or whatever. I read that uneven chewing causes major headaches and face pains, and that has been happening to me for awhile now. So I have been considering...

Braces [ 5 Answers ]

Is it a bad idea to get braces while you are missing a tooth?

Braces [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question can you drink beer.while having braces on? Thanks you

View more questions Search