Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imation Posts: 284, Reputation: 36

Nov 2, 2006, 09:16 PM
    Deep Deep Depths
    Does anyone know the approximate depth of the deepest point in the ocean? Any ocean, the deepest one obviously hahaha
    Thanks
    billysbmw05 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Nov 2, 2006, 09:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by imation
    does anyone know the approximate depth of the deepest point in the ocean? any ocean, the deepest one obviously hahaha
    thanks
    10,924 meters (35,839 feet), mount everest (tallest mountian on land)29,141 feet), were to be placed into this trench, it would be covered by over 1.25 miles of water.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2006, 05:05 AM
    This deepest place is a spot within the Mariana Trench, called Challenger Deep. See more info here: http://www.marianatrench.com/mariana...eanography.htm

At the above site, they cite the depth as 36,201 feet. Don't be concerned with small differences like this, though. Even Mt. Everest is quoted as various heights from various sources.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2009, 11:19 AM

Mount Everest is growing, Everyone who reaches the Top, Earns a World Record.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

In deep trouble [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I are very very deep in debt and aren't exactly sure where to start. We opened a manufacturing business in middle eastern jewelry last year. With a heavy heart my husband closed the business this past June due to the sluggish economy. Now we are stuck with a 200,000 debt and no...

Deep frying [ 3 Answers ]

I recently bought a deep fryer I would like to try deep frying chicken drumsticks I already have the batter coating mix but I'm not sure How to do this operation I read somewhere that I should place the chicken on a rack and let it dry out in the fridge for a day Should I boil the drumsticks...

Deep Question on Religion [ 6 Answers ]

I am not sure if I should be sending this question to the "religion" part of the "ask me help desk website" or to the "philosophy: section. Well, here goes. I was raised Catholic. Therefore I was taught the Jesus walked the earth 2000 years ago. My first question is, when will we stop saying...

Deep in debt [ 2 Answers ]

I am 23 years old and $29,000 in debt. This is a compulation of credit cards, student loans and utilities. I have recently moved back home and am working at Target (I live in a small town and there is little work - I drive 40 minutes as it is) for $7 an hour. I cannot get a checking account, let...

View more questions Search