Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    auroralynn898 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2009, 04:13 PM
    Rth221b1 - 2 red, 1 white, 1 black
    I want to install this honwywell rth221b1 thermostat but I have two red wires on the bottom of my old one and a white on the right and a black on the left (of the old one). On the new one it has Y and G on the left and Rh, Rc and W on the right. Where should I attach the wires or did I just get the wrong item? Please help, thanks!
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2009, 05:25 PM

Was the old thermostat labeled, if so what wires went where on the old thermostat?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2009, 07:33 PM

You will have to find out which wire does what to the furnace circuit board.

If you have a Ohm meter I can tell you how to test the wires to find out where they go. So get back to me and we will work it out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My ceiling fan has black, white, and a black/white wire? [ 5 Answers ]

Can someone please help me with this combination of wires? I am trying to change out ceiling fans in my living room. From ceiling box I have: a black wire, and a white wire, and no ground From the fan w/ light kit I have: a black wire, white wire, and a black w/ while stripe wire, and no...

Black & White movie set in America black & white girls become friends on a beach [ 2 Answers ]

As far as I can remember, the girls become friends on a beach and the black girls mother goes to work for the white girls family. The black girl struggles with her relationship with her mother and wants to be treated like a white girl. Does anyone know what the name of this film is? And if I can...

Dead white pitbull (Dexter?) "tells" its story in a black/white French(?) 90's-movie [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I tried for several hours to find the title of this movie on Google and IMDB through countless searches. As I recall, this is quite a strange 1-hour film about a dog (white pitbull called Dexter or Boxer, I think) that sits quietly and still on a chair looking straight at the camera. We can...

Black Bra/White Tee; White Bra/White Tee [ 17 Answers ]

Do you girls usually wear a black bra with a white t-short or do u wear a white bra with a white t-short? Or yellow tee w/ a black bra? Share. I don't get it

View more questions Search