Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    waynesmpsn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2006, 08:21 PM
    Height of swag off a dining table?
    The light over our dining table is not centered over the table. I want to swag the lamp and do not have enough chain to swag to the center and need to know what a (S.W.A.G)height off the table would be? Scientific Wild Ass Guess

Wayne
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2006, 03:45 AM
    This will be entirely up to you and the type of fixture. You can start with about 36 " above the table, but the lighting effect will be how the fixture and the lamps distributes light.

If the fixture is clear or translucent, this will effect the up light onto the ceiling and surrounding area, and the height may only need to be in a certain location that looks good.

If the fixture is opaque and does not allow much uplight, then too low may cause too much light in one spot on the table, and raising it will allow more light to spread out beyond the table.

My suggestion, as I have done for customers before, is to set your swag hook in the proper location centered above the table, and then experiment with the light on, trying different heights to see the esthetics and light distribution before you cut the chain and wire.

Does any of this make sense. It is difficult to explain lighting in words sometimes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air Hockey Table... [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a website I could go to to order an Air Hockey Table. Preferably in the Dallas, Tx area, bt ne place would work

Cell/Table Borders [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I'm currently trying to build a website for my new business. I know a very good base about html and Dreamweaver which is the platform I'm using to build my site. I'm having a huge dilemma, my business partner wants to see the website a certain way, but I can't seem to get the...

Swag Lighting [ 3 Answers ]

I'm trying to turn a hard wire chandeleir into a swag. What do I do with the ground wire? Do I need it? If not, what's the best way to remove it? Can I just cut it?

Problem with IP routing table! [ 1 Answers ]

My IPGateway is NSG4000 (made in Taiwan), in its static routing table I want to assign IP 0.0.0.0 and Subnet mask 0.0.0.0. But I don't know why it can't assign that IP and SM :confused: . Are there any other way to assign IP and SM 0.0.0.0? Please help me! Thanks!

Div Vs Table [ 3 Answers ]

Just a quick question. I've seen a few pages on the internet about using DIV tags instead of tables. Could someone just quickly tell me what's the best to use? I could imagine DIV tags would provide you more control via CSS, but I can also see that they would be a pain in the ass to use. ...

View more questions Search