Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2009, 08:21 AM
    Shower door track
    My Shower door gray track is cracked, went to home Depot and Lowe's have no stock.

Where can I get this from, see the Image below? Thank.

John
    Attached Images

ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 13, 2009, 08:20 AM

This doesn't look like a shower to me, any chance of more pics with close ups?
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2009, 08:49 AM

Hi Bob,

You are correct it doesn't look like a shower, that picture was taken when I removed the vertical hinge and placed against the wall in the room, attach are 2 picture shows the hinge installed on the door and a broken piece of the gray seal, I tried several places no body carry this kind of seal, Thanks.

John
    Attached Images

Oct 13, 2009, 10:38 AM

Sorry, I didn't even notice it was you who posted that question. Hi John. Shower door seals are pretty much propritory for each manufacturer. If it was a Kohler Sterling you would call Sterling Customer Care Center at 1-800-STERLING (1-800-783-7546) in the U.S. or 001-877-680-1310 in Mexico. Some larger HD and Lowe's do stock parts so call around.
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2009, 10:44 AM

Hello Bob,

I tried a lot of places, also tried HD and Lowe's no stock, I did a temporary repair it works for the time being, will try if I can find one, Thanks.

Regards,
    John

Oct 13, 2009, 10:45 AM

Any idea of the brand or manufacturer
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2009, 10:51 AM

No nothing, the house is build in 2004, I tried some Manufacturer, Cardinal, LMI, Century, and some others, the builder is out business, Thanks.

Regards,
    John
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Oct 13, 2009, 05:22 PM

You are desperate, right? Try a glass place, some build showers. Might have something or might be able to identify.
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2009, 06:34 PM

Hi Harold/Bob,

I tried some glass places here in my area and no luck for the hinge (seal) what they tells me to replace the whole door assembly which will cost me $350 to $500 which is way too much for a shower door.

For the time being I did a temporary repair to it, cut the damage area about 4" and added 1/4" copper tubing as a spacer to the top side see the picture it works, I will replace it when I get it a new one from some where, Thanks.

Regards,
    John
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sliding glass door track damaged [ 6 Answers ]

I Have A Wavy Track For My Slider. The Door Just Bumps Over It. It Is Not The Rollers For Sure. It Is A 12 Foot Opening That The First 3 Foot Door Is The Problem. Is There A Repair For This? It Works Awful And Sounds Like A Train Coming. Thanks Steve

Sliding patio door track [ 3 Answers ]

The track on my aluminum patio sliding doors is curling up on both ends.. . Will a rail topper work for this? Do I remove the old one then put on the topper? Thanks, Troy

Garage Door Track Lift [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2-car garage, using a single overhead door with opener. The ceiling is about 11.75 ft. I would like to put a residential car lift in one bay. What would it take to raise the overhead door track, so it will provide door clearance over the lifted car?

Garage door roller keeps slipping out of track [ 1 Answers ]

We installed a new garage door opener 2 months ago (the tracks were already in place.. installed in early 06 when home was built). When I open or close the door, the top roller falls out of the track. What would cause this to happen. It has been working fine until about 2 weeks ago. It was slipping...

Cleaning sliding glass door track [ 2 Answers ]

My track is preventing my sliding glass doors from opening and closing smoothly. How can this be remedied? Thanks, MHeape

View more questions Search