Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sukarsimba Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2009, 07:40 AM
    Calculate the speed of a car and tractive force at the wheels
    If a vehicle has wheels and tyres with a rolling radius of 0.315m and the engine is producing a torque of 150nm at 4000 rev/min in fourth gear.

(matching 4th gears have 30 (driver) and 29 (driven) teeth. Final drive gears have 20 (driver) and 88 (driven) teeth.

am i correct in thinking final gear ratio is 29/30 x 88/20 = 4.2:1 (1st dp) ???

i need to...

i. Calculate the speed of the vehicle(km/h)
    ii. Calculate the tractive effort produced at the road wheels.

I would be grateful for simple formula a dummie can understand... thanx

Check out some similar questions!

Confederate air force/ Commemorative air force [ 5 Answers ]

Are Lefty Gardner and Lloyd Nolan still alive? If so where can I find good information on the start of the Confederate Air force on line. There is a lot of info on the new Commemorative Air force, but very little on the old.

How How do you calculate average speed? What is the formula? [ 5 Answers ]

How do you calculate average speed?

Find force of gravity, normal force, and net force in Physics [ 6 Answers ]

A crate of mass m (=10 kg) is placed at rest on a (frictionless) inclined plane, which has an angle (= 30 deg ) above horizontal 1. The force of gravity on the crate is? 2. The normal force on the crate is? 3. The net force on the crate is? 4. How long would it take the crate to slide 8 m...

Force, Work how to determine force without accelration [ 3 Answers ]

I know we're not supposed to post up the full question but I figured it would just be easier to explain it. A 350 kg piano slides 3.8 m down a 31 degrees incline and is kept from accelerating by a man who is pushing back on it parallel to the incline. The effective coefficient of kinetic friction...

At what value of Force, can we feel the effect of gravitational force between objects [ 2 Answers ]

PLEASE READ THE WHOLE QUESTION AND THEN ANSWER At what value of Force, could we feel or see the effect of gravitational pull or force between two objects. E.g. 2 pencils kept at a very small distance (r) exert a force (F) on each other such that they are pulled by each other and stick to each...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.