Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcneilcs Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2009, 06:54 AM
    What should I do now? Confused about my ex
    I was with my ex for 4yrs we broke up amicably he felt extremely guilty for hurting me and he is a great guy I do love him still he wanted to remain friends and in contact so I have gone along with it, go out for coffee watch dvd's at his house and have a good talk, problem is I felt I was always getting my hopes up so I called him and told him it was too painful to be his friend, he panicked and said he couldn't imagine not talking to me and we get on so well I told him how I felt and how I would always have this hope, I asked him to tell me that in order for me to move on I needed him to tell me that we'd never get back together, he couldn't say that we'd never get back together and he just wants to see what happens between us, I know he doesn't want anyone else he told me so so what do I do I'm so confused, I could still be his friend in a yr and nothing will happen should I just ignore him now although that is going to be extremely hard to do
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Oct 11, 2009, 08:21 AM
    Please keep your questions in one thread (to respond in a thread click the "answer this question button"). It helps us understand your story and how to give you the best advice we can.

You need to take care of yourself and move on from this relationship. Unfortunately, you need more than he is willing to give. He is filling his need to have you close, but he isn't thinking about your feelings and needs.

I suggest going No Contact. Have absolutely no interaction with him if you can help it. That includes e-mails and texts.

It is going to hurt. It will take time. However, give yourself space and time to heal and find yourself again. Someday, you will find someone who wants the whole you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late period, pregnancy,confused confused [ 2 Answers ]

On 1st Aug 09, I had a very painful period which came 12days late.Before the period came, I had unusually swollen breasts,cramping consistently, consistent headache and nausea. I have been trying for a baby in the last 12months.I have never used any pill, nor gotten pregnant before. My period is...

I am very confused [ 18 Answers ]

Ok so I've been dating this girl samantha for going on 6 months, and I'm the kind of person who gets attached, and falls hard. I do everything in my power for her, I drive her everywhere, and buy her everything. I write her cute little letters and remind her she's perfect without even trying. We...

Confused mum [ 2 Answers ]

:) My name is carol hi to you all. I want to take my 12 year old daughter out of school because I am fed up and angry that every day I send her into school she comes home with another bullying tale, she has had things stolen from her, she has been beaten up been gossiped about, people verbally...

I'm so confused! [ 3 Answers ]

I missed my period last month. Im about a week late. Sometimes I feel like my period is going to start but it doesn't.Instead of my period, I've been seeing a white odorless discharge.Im scheduled to see my doctor in a few days but was wondering what this could be. If anyone can feed my...

I'm confused! [ 7 Answers ]

first my ex tells me he loves me and stuff then the next thing I know he dumps me for a better girl and he says he's sorry and stuff and sometimes he says he doesn't care and yet he looks at me like all the time I need help with this I'm so confused I don't know what to do anymore I have a class in...

View more questions Search