Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnreyes3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2009, 02:23 PM
    Two dollar bill w/ star on left side of serial #
    What is this bill worth 1953
    johnreyes3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2009, 02:52 PM
    I have a two dollar bill with a star on left side of serial # . Can you tell me what it is worth?
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2009, 09:34 AM

I am not an expert by any stretch but I heard a pawnbroker on TV tell a customer that a star on a bill means that there was a printing error on an earlier printing and the bill with the star indicates it was part of the printing done to correct the earlier error. That's the grand sum of my knowledge.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2009, 08:55 PM
    Hi, johnreyes3!

Are the last names of the people listed on the front of the currency, Priest and Humphrey, please?

Thanks!
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2009, 11:23 PM

Smearcase and { JOHNREYS3}You have a 1953 series $2.00 dollar bill, that has a ( * )at
    end of the serial numberand want to know if there is any VALUE to it -- the answer to your question is { yes } These notes are more vaulable then a reg one; I will give this to you at the end ;#1 here is a little about what you have and will be of help to {smearcase,also} VERY GOOD TRY SMEARCASE: YOU ALMOST HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD::: #2- THE stars were first used on paper mpney around the edges as decore,then in 1907they started using the stars as they are used today, durning the printing of paper money when it is found that a note is damaged in some way[tore etc.ectt.] IT is pulled out and listed in a book ,then taken to the furnace and is burned,and another note is made in its place and on the serial number - at the front or right at the end of the serial number they put the { STAR) this indicates that this note is a replacement note [NOTE} THis also happens if a bank turns a note back to the treasury;; You will find star notes in every denom.of currency; #3- Star notes s they are called Are 2 to 3 times as vaulable as a reg note{ note- AS per condition and grade of the note } There are currency collectors ,all they collect are these notes , I can give you what you need to get in touch with some of them if you are interested,OK- now lets get to the rest of your question;;
    #1509. Series 1953, signatures are { preist and Humphrey}
    VF20- $ 6.50 -- UNC-63 - $12.00 ) ( NO. 1509*} REG NOTES
    #1509 * 1953 $2,00 #1509 - * $ 45. Oo Star note;;I hope these answer your Questions;; I HOPE I HAVE HELPED YOU IF YOU NEED ANY Further help just get on here and jholler for me ;; If I have answered your questions,PLEASE RATE MY ANSWERS have a gREAT NIGHT AND GOD BLESS; F.B.E.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2009, 11:31 PM

CLOUGH- Itryed your email you gave me but when I tried to send it it said that it could not find that one ; well try again as soon as youer OK GOD BLESS F.B.E.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2009, 11:43 PM
    Thanks, Flying Blue Eagle!

I'll try yours.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Value of 1957 silver certificate with star next to serial # [ 43 Answers ]

I have 15 consecutive silver certificates in CRISP condition with the star next to the serial number. What is the value of these dollars... Thanks

Value of One Dollar Confederate Dollar Bill [ 2 Answers ]

We are wondering what the value is of a confederate dollar bill that we have from Richmond VA dated 1863. It has CONFEDERATE STATES OF AMERICA on it and it also has a picture in the middle as currency today has. Does anybody know anything about this bill?

Whirlpool Side by side refrigerator Model GS5SHAXQOO Serial SR1148136 DOM 03-04 [ 1 Answers ]

The lites in the fridg would intermittantly go on and off, and there was a clicking sound like a relay hooking-up and letting go. Now the lits Do NOT work. Freezer lites work correctly(tells me they are on different circuit) Am I thinking in the right direction that it has a bad relay? Where is it...

Dollar bills serial numbers [ 1 Answers ]

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear before. I have 8 dollar bills(federal reserve notes) with serial numbers that if you take them could be someone's birth date. For example L03141952R could be March 14,1952. Now I was told that there is a market for that kind of dollar bill with those type of serial...

View more questions Search