Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dp4gs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2009, 08:45 PM
    Transcripts from Closed Institution
    How do I get a transcript from a closed institution (RETS Electronic School) in Birmingham, Alabama?
    alumni1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2010, 11:07 AM
    Contact the Alabama Commubity College System. They have transcripts for RETS. http://www.accs.cc/transcriptrequest.aspx
    zwei76gal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2011, 06:53 PM
    DO AT YOUR OWN RISK!! Tried that for the RETS school that closed here in Huntsville. Had to send $10 in a money order for a non-refundable search. It took several weeks and then they wrote back saying they had no records for me so I'm screwed! The school that bought out RETS only showed me attending after they took over but did show that I graduated and had the credits but that is no good.
    jackiey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2012, 08:19 PM
    You are correct, They kept my $10.00 too! I'm trying to request that this student loan be cancelled because the school closed on/before I graduated back in 1992!
    havoctrooper Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2013, 09:44 AM
    I to am in the process of trying to find or receive transcripts from Rets Electronic Institute in Huntsville from 1993 as well. Have also applied to the Alabama department of postsecondary education in order to see if they have them. Still waiting on a response. In addition, did some further research as to this matter. Here's where it gets tricky. Talking to the people that took over after rets in 1993(Virginia College, Huntsville), they did not buy the school, or take over or assume responsibility for Rets. They merely bought the building. The individual I spoke to informed me that when they moved into the building in 1993, they found a box of transcripts. This person on my request is in the process of searching through this information found in a box. Have not had a response. However, if your transcripts for Rets are found in this box, it means aboslutely nothing. The transcripts are essentially worthless. Virginia College is in no way responsible for maintaining or certifying Rets transcripts(they are under no obligation to do so). Basically, if you cannot locate transcripts for your time at RETS, you are essentially out of luck. In addition, RETS was not regionally accredited(they had national accrediation) so those transcipts would not transfer to another school after the closing, and they are essentially worthless now(if you can find them). I too am in the process of applying for a student loan cancellation due to school closure. But, to be honest, based on my discussions with the loan lender, and the Department of Education, the odds of success are slim to none. Good luck. Hope this information helps, as I am in the same situation as you are.
    Reesy88 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2013, 01:03 PM
    Hey what year did you attend I am need proof of my attended the school
    Reesy88 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2013, 01:07 PM
    Zwei7gal what year did you attend the school... I am needing only proof I was there.. Because they wait 20 years to take money from me and the school shut down and now they want me to pay them
    mhop Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2013, 08:20 AM
    I lost my diploma from rets , how can I get a replacement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't find transcripts from closed college [ 11 Answers ]

I have been scouring the web to find the institution I earned my ASEET at 20 years ago. It seems it went out of business or was bought (by whom I don't know) about 3-4 years ago. The name of the school was Metropolitan Technical Institute in Fairfield NJ. 13 years ago I had those transcripts sent...

How can I get my transcripts from a closed college [ 2 Answers ]

I went to a college that has since closed down and I need to get a copy of my transcripts and diploma.

Transcripts fro a closed school [ 1 Answers ]

I am also trying to find out how to get my transcripts from a closed school. The name of the school I went to Is Harrison Career Institute, 600 Pavonia Ave. Jersey city New Jersey, 07306. I graduated in 2004 and the school closed in either 2005 or 2006. I am current ly enrolled at Hohokus school...

Transcripts for college that is closed [ 3 Answers ]

This note is for vmcclarity who posted 6/27/08 a quote about trying to receive transcripts from Stafford/Branell College in Atlanta Georgia. Were you able to locate your records? I also need to locate my transcripts from Branell in the year of 1977. Please answer & let me know what I need to do...

Closed colleges and transcripts [ 2 Answers ]

The school that I attended was Stratford women's college in atlanta, ga from 1975-1976. I am having a problem locating my transcripts for that college. The school was later bought by Branell College in atlanta, Ga. The Post secondary education dept. did not have any transcripts just loan documents...

View more questions Search