Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HVACtech45504 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2010, 12:48 PM

The problem is the stack over temp sensor located on the front of the fume exaust fan. The stack over temp sensor is prematurely tripping thus dropping the 24v to gas valve. The unit tries to re-light 3 times and after 3 failed attemps the circuit board goes into fault mode with the flash code of 1. This is the code for ignition falure. When this occurs the power to the furnace must be cycled to return to service. You can test if the stack sensor is bad by bypassing it. If the furnace runs normally then you know it's the stack over temp sensor. P/N B1370254 for the GMNT080-4.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2010, 04:03 PM
    Guys,, this thread started a year and 1/2 ago,, last add on was 2 months ago,, its time to move on
    notsohandy1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2010, 12:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by handyone View Post
    I just resolved this problem with my own furnance. I had the same symptoms and it did in fact turn out to be the flame sensor.

Two screws and a piece of sandpaper was all it took. Remove the sensor and clean it before you pay for a service call. What can it hurt to try?
    I just wanted to say thanks, you probably saved me $100 for 3 minutes of easy work even for a notsohandy1
    photolov Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2012, 08:06 AM
    Bingo!! Hold your cards. I had the very same problem, intermittent furnace lock out. When I had a HVAC tech out he found no problems although he did change one setting on the Honeywell VisionPro IAQ thermostat which really didn't have anything to do with the problem. By coincidence the furnace worked fine for awhile and then the same problem, furnace lockout. Thanks to NorthernHeat's suggestion I removed the condensate drain hose even though the trap seamed clear and full of water. About 6 oz of water came out indicating a blocked hose. The hose was NOT blocked but it had drooped below the level of the drain hose exit hole and had trapped water causing water to drain slowly. The slow drain caused the intermittent problem. I placed a shim below the point of the droop so that the drain hose runs a straight line to the trap. Problem solved. Thanks NortherHeat!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman furnace problems [ 21 Answers ]

Hi - I have a Goodman GPM furnace. It works intermittently. I replaced breaker, thermostat, Control board and surface igniter. All appears well on start up sequence ; blower runs and igniter heats up and then turns off as no gas comes out. Control board codes says OK. Can anybody recommend what to...

Goodman furnace gmp [ 7 Answers ]

Ok. I can turn the thermostat to 72 and it will stay on 64 with the fan blowing constant. Burners aren't firing. On the control board for the furnace, there is a trouble shooting light that blinks to tell you what is wrong. It blinks four times which indicates an "Open Limit Switch", and it tells...

Goodman Gas Furnace [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Goodman Gas Furnace, the hot surface ignite will not come on nor the flame sensor. I have tried everything and I am fresh out of ideas. Could you please help me on this. Thanks

Goodman furnace [ 17 Answers ]

I have a goodman furnace. Forced air. No a/c. I turn the power on and she starts. Thermostat is off. No wires are crossed that are visible. The pilot does not ignite but the heating element is on. No gas seems to be coming through. Any suggestions? The furnace is only a year and a half old.

Gas furnace not turning on [ 1 Answers ]

I've replaced the thermostat but my old one was so dated I couldn't see any significant number settings e.g. anticipator setting. What's that?

View more questions Search