Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Oct 24, 2009, 03:19 PM

Woww!! Your results are amazing. Are you still on the F & F and glycolic peels then ?
    fairr Posts: 285, Reputation: 6

Oct 24, 2009, 03:26 PM

I am so jealous by the way :|
    Could you tell us exactly what your regime is/products and what order and timing etc

I would love to have results like yours :|
    EggoMini Posts: 161, Reputation: 5

Oct 24, 2009, 11:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MAHARANI View Post
    Woww!!! Your results are amazing. Are you still on the F & F and glycolic peels then ?

Quote Originally Posted by fairr View Post
    i am so jealous by the way :|
    could you tell us exactly what your regime is/products and what order and timing etc

i would love to have results like yours :|

Hi Maharini & Fairr!

I'm cut pasting my regi that I posted in the celeb example thread

Protection (sunscreen and hats)

Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby SPF 60

Anthelios 60 Melt-in..(less chalky than the Neutrogena)

not cute but hey, if I know I'm going to be out or walking in the sun I have one of these hats in my bag handy.

http://www.e4hats.com/_e/dept/62-001...shing_Hats.htm

))))))

For brightening of face and neck until last week (it's arm time):

Fair and Flawless Soho Lightening Parfait

Othine HQ 3 % cream

cleansers:

Fair and Flawless Resurfacing Cleanse
    r (gentle scrub.. awesome)

Dove sensitive fragrance free soap

Likas Papaya Soap

Random extra:

Glycolic 35% Peels 1-2x a week depending on how skin feels

* So for AM: I wash with one of my cleansers, pat or let air dry, then apply F & F or Othine to my face and neck...applied my sunscreen about 30 min before going out during the day.

* PM: same minus the sunscreen

* Once or twice a week perform 35% glycolic peel on face and neck

I'm now trying a similar routine on my arms. Sometimes I'll sneak in a midday wash and reapply Othine if I have time.

HTH!

Oct 24, 2009, 11:22 PM

Thank you!

Oct 24, 2009, 11:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    Eggo your so lightskin now, you look great and it's so natural. to me you look like your between a 6 and a 5 olive, or Rihanna's complexion on the chart. I would love to reach and maintain this by December or January. what's next on your list to do?
    Thanks GG! I'm on arms & hands hardcore now (using remainder of FF facial/ Othine/gly peels)... They're way more resistant than the face. I have lovely peelies (skin flakes) all over them now, but at least there's progress.

I think I'm looking at Januaryish for my arms to match.. hopefully. I don't know, they're tough & I didn't do any sunscreen on them this summer. I only protected my face and neck. Sigh. So it could take longer, we'll see. Hopefully they'll tolerate the HQ 4% & RA well.

Im off and on with the back of my neck it's sensitive and I have good days and cruddy ones.

I asked my husband earlier and he says I'm about a 6.5 on that skin shade chart & closer to the level 6 if I'm up late tired or in the mornings. I just think he's trying to scare me, I'm still brown.. . I thought 7 olive ish (yes, the old-school Rih pic there) but maybe I'm subconsciously averaging in these arms and hands.:D

That combination of FF and Othine is crazy. I haven't applied them to my face since the 14th of October but it feels like my face has continued to lighten a bit? Is that normal?

The undertone(?) is now more natural though and it matches my chest's undertones a bit closer than when I first quit.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2009, 11:37 PM

Thanks Eggo for listing what gave you success. Where can I get one of these hats and what are they called. I seen them before, are they fishermen's hats?

Oct 24, 2009, 11:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    Thanks Eggo for listing what gave you success. where can I get one of these hats and what are they called. I seen them before, are they fishermen's hats?
    Yep. Fishing hats! I've seen some better styles with larger brims.. like for gardening or with UV protective fabrics but I have a huge head and thick hair. Most of the cute ones don't come in my size.:(

So these are the best I've found so far.

I get them from e4hats.com

large alien head sizes

Extra Big Size Fishing Hats - Big Hat, Fedora of Big Sizes at e4Hats.com

normal folx
    .. lol

Outdoor, Sunblock Hats - Outdoors at e4Hats.com

I like these.. they have a larger brim but I'd probably have to a serious tie down puff to get it on big my head. Even then it might be a brain squeezer.

Explorer Outdoor Hats - Outdoor, Sunblock Hats of Outdoor at e4Hats.com

This is cute too

Sunblock Aussie Hats - Outdoor, Sunblock Hats of Outdoor at e4Hats.com

If anyone sees a cute sunhat in a 3XL anywhere, feel free to PM me! :o

Oct 25, 2009, 02:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by EggoMini View Post
    EggoMini

Do you know I have been buying from that company for 10 years. I purchased the oversize visor and I would not be without it in the summer and whenever it is sunny so even on cooler days, basically whenever the dreaded sun is out. I have been asked where I get the visor from as it isn't that common in the UK as far as I have seen, but that company has been a life saver for me. I love them!

Oct 25, 2009, 02:16 PM
    [QUOTE=EggoMini;2050244]Thanks GG!

I asked my husband earlier and he says I'm about a 6.5 on that skin shade chart & closer to the level 6 if I'm up late tired or in the mornings. I just think he's trying to scare me, I'm still brown.. . I thought 7 olive ish (yes, the old-school Rih pic there) but maybe I'm subconsciously averaging in these arms and hands.:D

QUOTE]

I know you said your husband is white. Just curious to know what his thoughts are about your regime. I know you mentioned that you are really trying to correct sun damage, but does he ever question what you are doing?
    DarkSkinGirl Posts: 83, Reputation: 6

Oct 25, 2009, 03:40 PM
    So I'm a redtone 8. Interesting. The olive tone 8 looks lighter than the red tones.

Oct 25, 2009, 04:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MAHARANI View Post
    Thanks GG!

I asked my husband earlier and he says I'm about a 6.5 on that skin shade chart & closer to the level 6 if I'm up late tired or in the mornings. I just think he's trying to scare me, I'm still brown. ...I thought 7 olive ish (yes, the old-school Rih pic there) but maybe I'm subconsciously averaging in these arms and hands.:D

I know you said your husband is white. Just curious to know what his thoughts are about your regime. I know you mentioned that you are really trying to correct sun damage, but does he ever question what you are doing?
    OMG, Yes. As soon as the changes became noticeable, he gave me the major side-eye & asked what I was "doing now". He also got nervous about the glycolic peels.. I guess I didn't help when I said "Don't touch me, I've got acid on my skin!" One night I rinsed it off in the shower, then afterwards was messing around with my hair & listening to the radio... basically taking forever.

He knocked on the door and said "Are you still alive in there?!!" " When I answered he said he thought I'd dissolved or something. :rolleyes:

I did go to the archives & pull out some childhood photos to remind him of my real color (he'd seen these photos already but i guess they hadn't registered before). I also had to compare the different existing tones on my body. I was like "hello? "(showing my chest,boob, & stomach areas against my forearms & hands)

He countered by pointing out his own assortment of colors.. . I said that it's fine for him if he likes it... He can cover up in a dinner jacket... BUT How many women do you see in formals (esp strapless) with farmer's tans or with heads, necks, and decolletages badly mismatched?

He calmed down a ton after that. When we met and married I was pretty dark & still tanning, so I sort of understood his disorientation but OTOH it's not that super drastic. I'm still brown. I was lighter during the winters in Europe, also sick a lot. So he says I now look like I did when I was down with a winter flu.

The other day I told my husband and my mom that they both need to use some of my products themselves. My dh laughed & my mom gave me the once-over & said 'Nooo thanks, I'll keep my tan!'

They do need it tho'.:p
    Itss A New Day Posts: 163, Reputation: 8

Oct 29, 2009, 10:34 PM

Eggo I just ordered a 50% gly peel for my arms, knees, and elbows to start. Hopefully that lets my cream penetrate better as my hq cream is very greasy and I'm worried it may not absorb. This a such a high percentage for a 1st time peeler like myself but I plan to use it on the tougher areas 1st and only keep it on for like 2-3 min. the 1st week then see how that goes, and I'll play it by ear from there. I'll surely keep you posted. I'm getting ready to take before pics =-)

Oct 29, 2009, 11:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Itss A New Day View Post
    Eggo I just ordered a 50% gly peel for my arms, knees, and elbows to start. Hopefully that lets my cream penetrate better as my hq cream is very greasy and I'm worried it may not absorb. This a such a high percentage for a 1st time peeler like myself but I plan to use it on the tougher areas 1st and only keep it on for like 2-3 min. the 1st week then see how that goes, and I'll play it by ear from there. I'll surely keep you posted. I'm getting ready to take before pics =-)
    50% GLY is no joke for me... maybe try it on your knees or elbows (if they're rough like min.. lol) only first.. . just to get a feel for it.

Then do a very small test patch first on any other areas you plan to apply on.

I don't want to seem like a bossyboots know-it-all but I feel it's better to be sure how your skin reacts before applying over a larger area.

I still want to try the lactic.. what percentage have you been using & where? TIA
    Itss A New Day Posts: 163, Reputation: 8

Oct 30, 2009, 01:34 AM
    50% GLY is no joke for me... maybe try it on your knees or elbows (if they're rough like min..lol) only first. ...just to get a feel for it.

Then do a very small test patch first on any other areas you plan to apply on.

I don't want to seem like a bossyboots know-it-all but i feel it's better to be sure how your skin reacts before applying over a larger area.

I still want to try the lactic..what percentage have you been using & where? TIA

You know what Eggo you're right, definitely best to try the elbows and knees first before going for the gutso and doing large areas, thanks for the suggestion, since this will be my very first ever peel. Oh sorry if I confused you I have never used a lactic acid peel I just read that it is better for darker skin tones, so if all goes well with the gly and I need some brightening I'll surely dip into some lactic acid. Will keep you posted, thanks for the advice.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2009, 03:19 PM
    "Don't touch me, I've got acid on my skin!"... lol that's funny, it must have really startled him. I wonder how much the lactic acids can lighten brown skin, since it is more gentle?

Oct 30, 2009, 05:15 PM

Oh okay IAND, Best of luck with the glys! I've had great exp wit them.

GG, yes dh was :eek:.. guess he thought I'd lost it & was trying to burn the black off or something.. lol

I'm not clear on the lactic vs. gly thing. I need to go back over to SCT and re-read the posts about lactic's better brightening aspects.

I bought gly simply because that what I remembered from the spa.<shrug>

Nov 3, 2009, 08:25 AM

Ah eggo can you post exactly where you got your peels from? Sorry I'm looking for a really good one and your results amaze me! Lol

Nov 3, 2009, 09:35 AM

fairr,

This is what EggoMini posted

I've been using & will stay with for face

http://www.amazon.com/Glycolic-Acid-.../dp/B000PNXBVW

I'm ordering for bod

http://www.amazon.com/Glycolic-Acid-.../dp/B000YOKZLG

And this for knees

http://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Peel-.../dp/B001E983BO

Nov 3, 2009, 09:38 AM

Ah thankyouuuuuuuuuuuu!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Facial melasma [ 2 Answers ]

Anyone know of a good crème that will remove melasma? Tri-luma works great but it comes back workerbee

Sued for vehicle damage. Few questions. [ 4 Answers ]

Thanks for any answers, I just need to explore my options. In April 2007 I was involved in an accident with my ex... we were fighting, I tried to drive away and while I was pulling out of the parking spot she reached in the window, grabbed my arm off the wheel, which caused me to hit her...

Alternate treatmens for Melasma [ 1 Answers ]

I have used hydroquinine successfully. It lightens the spots to some degree. Now I learn of the toxicity of that product. What are other effective products?

View more questions Search