Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    F0rdMan1966 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2009, 09:05 AM
    She is hurting me
    Start by saying this is a really screwed up situation, I use to have a friend. I stopped talking to him about 2 years ago, well a month ago I found out his girlfriend I have known for a long time really likes me, and I really liked her, we talked just as friends and got super super close, because we both were having the same relationship problems. Well it came down to were we both were single because our previous relationships did not work. So we hung out and had an awsome time! Hit it off great, she text me saying how happy I make her and all that. It was great, we texted alll the time. We hung out the next day and the same thing, she was happy, she had such a big smile her face. It was an amazing time with her. Well the past month I grew so close to each other and we were so happy, and the past week she is acting different. She told me the other day good things come in time, which I don't blame her, we don't need to date right now after getting out of relationships. But she use to text me alll the time. Yestorday she texted me a few times, then she just stopped. Today I texted her saying hi and she said hi back, and that is it. She isn't the same anymore. It hurts because the past month we got so close, I try to make her happy, I DO make her happy, she always smiled and giggled so much. Now its like I don't know, it hurts. I miss her and I don't know if she is scared or what? Her ex boyfriend told her he wants nothing to do with her, he broke up with her. I think she may still want to be with him, because he broke up with her after 2 years, which I understand, but he treated her like a worthless piece of the whole time, and sense we talked she said she wished she could have me and be treated so great. Please give me any advice, maybe I just need to back off, but I have some sense we started. Thanks for any advice. Hope the best for all of you.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2009, 09:18 AM

I believe you hit the nail on the head when you said to back off for a while..

She is probably still hurt from her last breakup and not yet ready for a new relationship... if you think you can be friends without expectations,that may work.

Don't put any pressure on her,give her lots of space.

Her response to your texts does not mean she does not like you,only perhaps she needs time to heal.

Oct 9, 2009, 09:32 AM

Thank you, I think your right, because the other night she said she likes me just as much as she has ever have, I know she is still hurt from that two year relationship, she even told me she isn't ready to jump back into one asap, I get very fustrated with this for the past week, I told her I am not putting any pressure on her, nor have I ever raised my voice or been mean about it. I told her I am going to be there for her, I have just been nice and caring to her needs and just want her to be happy.
    superk Posts: 207, Reputation: 12

Oct 9, 2009, 09:36 AM

Dating a person who just got out of painful situation won't give you benefit anyway: either you will just be used or be a baggage keeper. At first, you thought you are helping by being there, it feels good but you will end up hurting yourself more. These things has be dealt by herself, alone. If you want to help, give her space... lots of space.

Give it a time. She already knows you like her. If she wants to be with someone, have some fun, she knows who to text.

Oct 9, 2009, 09:45 AM

Yeah, thanks superk. That does make sense, when going threw this. There is too much floating around in my head. Glad for this site. It's a hard situation because my ex girlfriend is still talking to me. And I told her we can hang as friends on sat. just as friends. The girl that all this is happening too said that's a good idea because the same with her ex boyfriend, and she said she hopes we get together one day because she knows how happy we would be together, and that what's meant to be will happen and good things come in time.. I guess, keep my head up and hope for the best.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 10, 2009, 08:57 AM

I think if you both stop hanging with the exes so much and heal properly, then you could both be doing great things together later. Its hard to fully heal with the exes so close, for either of you.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 10, 2009, 11:00 AM

She needs time and if you really care about her give it to her.
    If she is still seeing her ex you need to leave her alone until she knows what she wants.
    Backing off "some" is not backing off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex is hurting me [ 15 Answers ]

My boyfriend told me he wanted a break and I said OK now he is talking to a girl but he is telling me they are just friends. And on Friday he askjed me to stay home with him and not to go to work and that he would pay me for my time so we had sex and he said we where together then when I was there...

I'm new.and hurting [ 21 Answers ]

Hi. I hope someone can help me here. I just saw my OBGYN and he gave me a perscription to help start my mense. I'm 29 and was diagnosed with anorexia a while back but I have always had my mense. It wansn't a self induced anorexia my bodies motabolizism is wicked fast! I had one son four years...

I am hurting so bad. [ 1 Answers ]

I am so depressed. I had left my last post with you all. I hurt the one I love. He will not see me. I want to tell him I am so sorry to his face. We have been like best friends for over 1 year. We talked about everything in our life. I could call him with my troubles.. and now I don't have...

How do I say no without hurting him? [ 6 Answers ]

I recently started working at a restaurant (like three weeks ago)... and I really wasn't very close to any of the other workers. Well last night I was working and one of the workers (I'll call him Jake) invited to come along with a bunch of the servers to a bar to chill, etc. Well not thinking...

View more questions Search