Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jane609 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2006, 09:49 AM
    Is this a mistake?
    If somesome suffered from miscarrige, is it something that the person should keep it discreet and only tell people who are close?
    I suffered from one recently, and I work with a group of people where except one all of them all are man, and I first told my manager who is female about my condition, later on I sent mail to my group saying that I suffererd from miscarrige.
    Now, I feel like I made a mistake by sharing this news to the group, especially since almost all of them are man. It's killing me and I just feel like I made a big mistake, and doen't feel like going to work and face those people as this news is very personal and should be shared in person not brodacasting in the group.

Please I;m very disturbed.. what should I do? Do man mind if I share this kind of information? Is it unprofessional and unpolite?

Thanks
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 2, 2006, 09:53 AM
    Well, it is not something you just go up to someone and say, "hey I had a miscarriage."

That kind of info is pretty much kept private unless the topic comes up in a discussion.

Out of curiosity, why did you do that?
    jane609 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2006, 09:56 AM
    I'm just going through difficult time , my mind is not working functionality as my harmone level is going down, I didn't sleep for two days.. I'm vey confused.

I'm just not thinking right, hence at that moment I thought this is the right thing but now I'm regressting a lot!!
    helper123 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2006, 11:05 AM
    Well, maybe looking back on it, it wasn't the best idea, but it's done now so you can't change it. If you explain that to your colleagues, of even if you don't, I'm sure they'll be very understanding of what you're going through. Good luck with this!

Xo
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Nov 2, 2006, 12:45 PM
    However, were these colleagues of yours- your friends? If you all share other personal life stories, whether they are funny, sad, serious, or whatever-then maybe that is why you felt the need to share. I wouldn't say that you made a mistake, unless you barely knew any of these people. Then what you did would cause awkwardness, but if these people are your friends, then they may feel sincere towards it, not weird.
    giggles Posts: 143, Reputation: 27

Nov 2, 2006, 01:16 PM
    Maybe you regret letting everyone know, but your hormones have been all over the place, you have suffered a loss, and perhaps you felt the need to share where you have been at with people.
    The fact that you call them "the group" implies you are closer than most work colleagues. I have worked with women who have had miscarriages, and some have disclosed it and some have not. It's your business to share as you feel fit. If you feel a bit raw about it, why not send another (brief!) mail explaining you felt you needed to explain where your head was at, that you made the decision to let people know in case you were acting a little out of sorts, that you are managing just fine, and are back to work as normal.
    Or you can just concentrate on moving on, and not worrying about having regrets. Good luck xx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I think I made a mistake [ 4 Answers ]

Been dating this girl recently who I was really into, but due to circumstances at the time which I won't go into the situation couldn't work so I called it a day, she wasn't too happy. Things have changed and I really would like to see this girl again I just don't know how to approach her, i.e. I...

Did I make a mistake? [ 2 Answers ]

I used CPVC glue (otey gold) to glue a pvc trap together. Do I have to cut out and re-build the trap with PVC glue?

Deduction mistake [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I did not realize I could take my business mileage off my taxes last year. Can I redo my taxes for the previous year and include my mileage or do I have to live with the mistake?

Mistake [ 4 Answers ]

Hi folks, I used your site a lot over the years with great success so thought I would try again. I have just made a big mistake and now I am suffering. My daughter asked me to find her a program to change the login screen on her PC and change her styles etc. I found a program called...

I made a mistake [ 1 Answers ]

Hi lets just say I went with the wrong person as we say we all make mistakes and now I worry about my health anybody out there can tell if I'm healthy or not please? Ty

View more questions Search