Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    screamin Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Nov 2, 2006, 09:35 AM
    Ghost in the house?
    :( hi my name is screamin and we just moved into this apartment and me and my wife both her the weirdest sounds but only at nighti have ask the manger if there is anyway to get into the attic(thinking it was kids playing)and he said no it is sealed.but these sounds start as a thump,thump and then you can hear faint voices I get up look around open the door and see if anyone is by the window and not a soul and we have no one that lives next door to us.I Don't KNOW IF THIS IS THE RIGHT AREA TO POST THIS but it is always at the same time every nitght.I don't want to sound like a nut or anything but does anyone know how to see if your house is haunted or not I have had many sleepless nites any help I would appericate
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Nov 12, 2006, 11:37 AM
    I personally don't believe in "hollywood style" ghost.
    I would say you probobly have a mouse, a bat, or other critter in your attic.
    Could also be water pipes, steam lines, wind, anything.

And then, a bunch of roudy kids could have found a way into that attic.

No your house is not haunted.
    pumibel Posts: 84, Reputation: 16

Nov 15, 2006, 08:02 PM
    The sounds could be carrying over from another apartment that is occupied- the more you think about ghosts, the more it will creep you out. Maybe a fan or the TV on low in your room will cover it up and help you relax. Your landlord should check it out just to give you piece of mind.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 15, 2006, 11:49 PM
    I will have to agree, I have been in "haunted" houses, things fly off shelves, figures by the door, motion detectors set off.
    Smells of cigar smoke

And the one thing I have gotten in all of them, no voices, no sounds, except for doors opening and closing, or things hitting the floor.

Nov 16, 2006, 05:12 PM
    Could also be a squeeky attic vent. I had that problem once in my old house. A little axle grease fixed it right up.
    sillygirl_96544 Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Nov 29, 2006, 03:47 PM
    Yes Your House Is Haunted And Here's How I Know I Had A Séance In My House And I Had My Animals In There And They Bark And Hissed At Nothing So Yea
    pumibel Posts: 84, Reputation: 16

Dec 1, 2006, 07:28 PM
    That really doesn't mean the house is haunted. It isn't a good idea to jump to conclusions and possibly scare Screamin. I don't get the connection between your pets and Screamin's thumps and bumps. He didn't mention pets.

Dec 1, 2006, 09:20 PM
    There is no need in being scared of the supernatural. There are plenty of real life fears to contend with. As I said before, I don't believe in hauntings.

I did tresspass in an old abandoned house once when I was younger. It was up in the mountains. Actually it was an old nursing home from way back when. As if the snakes and fear of critters in the dark stone cellar didn't freak us kids out enough, we almost go caught by someone. I never drove moms stationwagon so fast on a dirt road. :)

Wish I still had the guts to do that stuff now. Too much responsibility now.

Dec 2, 2006, 07:47 AM
    Just shut up pumibel

Dec 2, 2006, 08:18 AM
    Well that wasn't very nice
    Julie25 Posts: 37, Reputation: 5

Dec 8, 2006, 08:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by screamin
    :( hi my name is screamin and we just moved into this apartment and me and my wife both her the weirdest sounds but only at nighti have ask the manger if there is anyway to get into the attic(thinking it was kids playing)and he said no it is sealed.but these sounds start out as a thump,thump and then u can hear faint voices i get up look around open the door and see if anyone is by the window and not a soul and we have no one that lives next door to us.I DONT KNOW IF THIS IS THE RIGHT AREA TO POST THIS but it is always at the same time every nitght.i dont want to sound like a nut or anything but does anyone know how to see if ur house is haunted or not i have had many sleepless nites any help i would appericate
    It could be some of the things the other users have posted. As far as the faint voices, I am not sure about that one. Usually those things can only be picked up by meters used by Paranormal Investigators. If you have a local group or organazation that does this, you can contact them and see if they can check it out. If not, follow the advice of some of the other users and have the landlord investigate this for some sort of critter or piping problem.

Dec 11, 2006, 04:31 PM
    I know it isn't nice but I'm protecting my thoughts
    ashley132 Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Jan 19, 2007, 09:30 PM
    i do believe in spirits.
    laxmasta900 Posts: 103, Reputation: 10

Mar 24, 2007, 03:34 AM
    andrewcocke, that happened to me, except the old house is a block away from mine, I wtn in with a friend and a 3rd friend to guard the cellar door, and when we came back up, hr was gone, the one guarding the door, he stole my BMX bike
    Rilenator Posts: 15, Reputation: -5

Apr 2, 2007, 02:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by screamin
    :( hi my name is screamin and we just moved into this apartment and me and my wife both her the weirdest sounds but only at nighti have ask the manger if there is anyway to get into the attic(thinking it was kids playing)and he said no it is sealed.but these sounds start out as a thump,thump and then u can hear faint voices i get up look around open the door and see if anyone is by the window and not a soul and we have no one that lives next door to us.I DONT KNOW IF THIS IS THE RIGHT AREA TO POST THIS but it is always at the same time every nitght.i dont want to sound like a nut or anything but does anyone know how to see if ur house is haunted or not i have had many sleepless nites any help i would appericate
    One way to know if your house is haunted is to find a phycic (I don't know how to spell it properly sorry) that can "speak" with spirits and ask her to check it out. Also ask your landlord if there has ever been any murdurs/suicides at night in that particular apartment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ghost imaging [ 8 Answers ]

I am trying to make a disk to image of a 40gb drive ntfs to a 120gb wd 120gb usb drive fat32. I get the error in ghost stating not enough space (1916), it then ask use compression and I select fast. Then I get the message there may not be enough space - enable spanning. If I answer yes or no it...

Ghost Display [ 1 Answers ]

I recently bought a new computer CPU and I'm using an old monitor gateway VX700. I've been seeing a transparent ghost image or several ghost images about 3 to 5 next to text and windows. Can someone help me with this.

Ghost story [ 1 Answers ]

An extremely modest man was in the hospital for a series of tests, the last of which had left his bodily systems extremely upset. Upon making several false alarm trips to the bathroom, he decided the latest episode was another and stayed put. He suddenly filled his bed with diarrhea and...

Ghost Key Logger [ 4 Answers ]

Which is the best ghost key logger to use on your computer and how invisible is it to other users of my computer? AND... is there any site where I can download one for free ::)

Ghost in the machine. [ 9 Answers ]

Hi all, I have a problem that I'm hoping someone here can help. Basically what happens is my machine boots itself up. The machine is totally powered down and off, but the plugs are still on and from time to time it switches itself on. I've run a virus scan with norton. I've cleaned the...

View more questions Search