Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2009, 12:18 AM
    Why Is One Eye Generally Dominant Over the Other One?
    Hi, All!

The title is basically my question. I would like to add though, is this something that has to do with the age of the person?

I now have to wear bifocals. What I usually wear is contact lenses. One of the contacts if for near vision and the other for far. Is this something that could occur with the vision of a person who is much younger concerning wearing contact lenses, please?

I'm 52, by the way.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2009, 04:53 AM
    So, no takers to this one? I asked it a few months ago...

Thanks!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 14, 2009, 07:22 AM
    Sorry Clough, I missed this one.

Yes, we are either right eye or left eye dominant. Why are we right handed or left handed? It's the same issue basically.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Dec 19, 2009, 01:22 AM

I don't really know the answer to this one, although that's not the case for everyone. I have the same prescription in each eye.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Dec 19, 2009, 02:05 AM

My right eye has always been stronger than my left. However, they are close enough that when I wear contacts I need the same prescription for both eyes.

Everyone tends to favor one side of their body over the other. One hand is dominant. One foot is the one to lead when walking. They tend to turn in one direction, no matter why they're turning. The muscles on one side of their body are more developed because they do more work and bear more weight.

It's just the way things are. The dominant side is generally stronger, no matter what part of the body it is. Your hearing is probably better in one ear than the other, too.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2009, 04:56 AM

My right side's mostly dominant, eye,ear,foot.
    Strangely enough I'm ambidextrous!
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2009, 05:09 AM
    I find it interesting, that whenever I take those online personality or IQ tests, that it shows that I'm almost always using both sides of my brain equally.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2009, 05:15 AM

Me too-so does that mean we're equally in touch with our fem/masc.sides?
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2009, 05:25 AM
    I don't know about the feminine/masculine thing. Maybe it just means that we're well-balanced individuals! :D

I'm not sure, but I would like to think that the right or left side of the brain dominance would also carry over to the left or right side physical dominance traits?

Don't really know...

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2009, 05:30 AM

That makes sense -and yes of course,wellbalanced! :-)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to be dominant at every situation? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Sir, I am pratik 21 year doing TE(comp engg). Student from INDIA.Actually I don't hv any kind of problem by any means .just want to teel you that last year I had Break up wt girl.cause she was already engage with someone else but OK I somehow manage to forgat that. Now I am not able to...

Dominant and Recessive [ 1 Answers ]

My father has facial hair, but he doesn't have a complete beard. He grew a lot of facial hair around the upper lip and chin area, but didn't grow much around the cheek area. So, I am wondering if I (his son) will have more facial hair or less facial hair? Is more facial hair dominant or...

What are DNC's generally used for? [ 3 Answers ]

I basically just want to know what DNC's are generally used for. Like are there other things that it can be used for other then miscarrgies? So if anyone can answer that for me that would be great!;)

Recessive dominant [ 1 Answers ]

What is Recessive and Dominant Inheritance

View more questions Search