Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eyeblazy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2009, 05:34 PM
    Can't switch from satellite dish to DVD player
    I'm renting a vacation house for just a few days. It has a huge TV, sound system, satellite (DISH) receiver and a VHS/DVD combo.

I can't make the DVD movie appear on the TV screen. I called DISH. The representative said it should "just come on." Nope.
    Thanks for any ideas.:confused:
    medic-dan Posts: 321, Reputation: 23

Oct 8, 2009, 06:20 PM

It's not really a question for DISH. You need to know how to switch inputs on the TV. You also need to know how the VCR/DVD combo is connected so you can select the correct input.

Can you look at the cable on the VCR/DVD?

Your remote should have a button labeled "source" or "input" or something like that. The owner may have labeled the inputs, via the TV, hopefully.

Otherwise post back with some model #'s and we'll see what we can do.
    urbancowgirl7 Posts: 84, Reputation: 4

Oct 13, 2009, 06:01 PM

If it's hooked up with rca cables (red, yellow, white), use the manufacter's remote to check the imputs.
    eyeblazy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2009, 06:47 PM
    Problem solved. Thanks a lot.
    urbancowgirl7 Posts: 84, Reputation: 4

Oct 14, 2009, 08:52 PM
    You are quite welcome!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting a DVD player with Satellite Dish [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 52 inch Toshiba HDTV that is already connected to a DISH network satellite. I would like to connect a DVD player and have no idea how to connect. I may also need help with figuring out which remote I use. Currently I have to use the TV remote that just turns on the TV and the DISH remote...

Aiming a satellite dish [ 1 Answers ]

How do I use a compass to aim the satellite dish?

Hook up dish satellite, vcr, dvd player/recorder and TV [ 1 Answers ]

How do I connect dish satellite, a vcr, a dvd player/recorder to my TV so I can play dvds and transfer vcr contents to dvds. I need help with the terminology on the in and outputs and what kind of cables.

Satellite Dish Network [ 4 Answers ]

I am currently a Dish Network 200 subscriber. I have a Dish 500 with a dual LNB. I have two receiver boxes. I want to add an International channel but am not sure if I need a bigger dish or a different LNB. I know that the international programing comes from a different satellite. I have an...

View more questions Search