Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jasonfromindy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2009, 01:55 PM
    Can I press charges if someone sells my bike and doesn't pay me for it?
    I have a friend that sold my motorcycle when I was out of the country. I didn't get the title transferred before I left. I gave him the OK to sell it even told him he could keep anything above 3000. Well I get back to the usa and called him he told me that the girl hasn't paid him for it yet but she has the bike. Well long story short he sold it gave me a 1000.00 and kept the rest. What can I do to recover or make him pay for stealing off me? I have contacted the girl that has my bike and she said if I contacted her again that she would press charges against me.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2009, 01:58 PM

She can't register it without the title, which you have, so I have no idea what she's going to do - of course.

Your argument isn't with her, it's with your "friend" so I would believe she will press charges for harassment against you.

Take him to Small Claims Court on an oral contract.

I don't see any charges you can press against him because at this point it would be your word against his concerning what your oral agreement is/was.

(With friends like this guy you don't need any enemies!)
    jasonfromindy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2009, 02:03 PM

He gave the title to her. I left it in my office. So he got the title and sold it to this lady which is a friend of his wife's. It is in her name. Am I just out of a bike or what?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2009, 02:07 PM

Did you sign it?

And, yes, you are out of a bike - HE owes you under the oral contract. She has no connection with you (legally) and owes you nothing. She bought in good faith.

Your only recourse is against him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long can one press charges? [ 2 Answers ]

A controlled substance was found in my daughters system? How long from those results would her father have to press charges against the mother? Colorado Law

Can you press charges on this? [ 2 Answers ]

A girl I had been arguing with over text (b/c she slept with my boyfriend) showed up at my place of employment and falsely accused me of harassing her and selling drugs to try and get me fired. I n ever threatened her and she is also pressing charges on me... basically because I called her a slut....

Press charges. [ 2 Answers ]

When people press charges on somebody, does that mean your going to jail right away or do you go to court first?

Can I press charges against my ex-boss? [ 3 Answers ]

I worked for a Credit Union for about 1 1/2 yrs in AZ. In March 2008 I was fired but wasn't allowed to leave the C U for approximately 4 hrs. The police were called and when everything was said and done the officer notified my family that I was held against my will. When I got the police report I...

Should I press charges ? [ 37 Answers ]

I was corresponding w/ a girl through classmates.com - she got mad on some stuff I said, I kept emailing & then come to find out she went down to the police dept. & guess she had a friend down there, he in terms comes to my home un-announced, to find out if I was corresponding or not, he then was...

View more questions Search