Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilgreg1 Posts: 171, Reputation: 12

Oct 11, 2009, 06:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    LilGreg do you really think alpha arbutin and kojic acid will be able to lighten me say 4-5 shades within about a year? I want to be able to lighten my body effectively but without the risk of getting stretchmarks or ochronosis.
    You can at the very minimum, lose shades of between 1-2. I'm assuming you've used lightening creams or lightened your complexion in the past of course, so you're very likely to lose even more, if not 4-5. I'd go for it of course. Alpha Arbutin is a lot cheaper than most other lightening creams, and is a great skin maintainer, preventing major melanogenesis through it's inhibitory processes.

As for stretchmarks or ochronosis, Alpha Arbutin is a good combatant towards removing stretchmarks, so the chances of it causing more is quite unlikely. Alpha Arbutin doesn't seem to have any relation to excesses in homogentisic acid nor metabolic acids, therefore I doubt it would cause ochronosis either.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2009, 07:26 PM
    Thanks Greg, when I start lightening the shole body I'm going to try mixing my own. Alpha-arbutin does have a really good reputation.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2009, 07:28 PM
    Thanks Greg, when I start lightening the whole body I'm going to try mixing my own. Alpha-arbutin does have a really good reputation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shape of body by reduction of fat from specific part of body [ 1 Answers ]

My age is 20. And I am 6 feet tall. My weight is 80 kg. The main problem is this that there is a lots of fat on my hips and theigh and my west is about 34 overall my lower portion of body is heavier than above. So kindly tell me what should I do to reduce the fat from hip,theigh and how to reduce...

STILL WANT HIM. The entire story [ 8 Answers ]

Hi everyone, As I read through your encouraging words, I find that I must be upfront about the relationship I had with him. Here it is... I won't lie... but I had my hand in this break up as well. I believe that it is time to tell you exactly what happened. I began this relationship in November...

Entire Breaker Not Working [ 5 Answers ]

Suddenly an entire breaker in my house stopped working. On this breaker are 2 electrical outlets (1 GFCI), 3 switches for 2 bathroom lights and a fan, and 1 switch for an outside light. For about 2 weeks before the power stopped working the lights in the bathroom would flicker if I had the TV on....

My entire apt is on 1 15 amp circuit [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new here and have no idea what is going on but if someone could help me please!! I just moved into an old old old apt building that I love. As I was vacuuming, I blew the circuit. I suddenly realized my entire apt was on the same circuit. It is a one bedroom place, running on a 15amp...

Working out entire body in one day? Effective? [ 2 Answers ]

I work out my chest, arms, legs, shoulders all in one day and I work out every week. Many have been saying that I will not develop any body muscles by doing this.. and I was wondering if this was a false statement. Lots of people have a schedule to work out chests, shoulders, triceps one day.. and...

View more questions Search