Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Samantha D Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2009, 10:35 PM
    I want to let a guy know that I like him
    I'm in college and would like a guy in one of my classes to know that I like him. We sit at the same table (groups of ten are assigned) but we don't necessarily work on class problems together. Usually the group splits up into five groups of two, and many times I'm working with another guy. I wonder if guys like it when girls reach out and ask them to join their "mini-group"? For e.g. if I were working with another guy on the problems, should I ask him for help? :confused: Its kind of weird and difficult (I'm also trying to concentrate on the problems after all!). More importantly, would he be upset/angry if I'm not working with him? What would you do (guy/girl) to get to know a person outside of class, or at least let them know you treat them more than just a classmate?

One other thing, what if I can tell that he is starting to warm to me (i.e. at least treating me like a friend), but I think he has a girlfriend? I think he has a girlfriend because he called someone "babe" over the phone. If he has a girlfriend, then I just want to be friends. Thanks gals and dudes!
    ThehopelessGuy Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Oct 7, 2009, 10:43 PM

Well first and foremost I believe a girl that takes the initiative is the sexiest thing on this planet. So there's points for you, for taken the leap first.

But this sounds a little.. um like "shy games" to me. Talk to him more, hang out with him talk to him for a long time, um the girl who liked me followed me and hung out with me for some time until I was like "hmm i should ask her out. being friends is as easy as 123... finding out is all matter of signs... and everyone is different im afraid =(.

remember "Confidence is something you work up, just don't work it up in front of them."
    Samantha D Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2009, 11:45 PM

Thanks man, I appreciate the advice.
    ItWasMe Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Oct 8, 2009, 06:33 AM

Don't over think things you are potentially at the very first stages of a relationship there is no need to rethink actions in case it might make him upset, you should do what you want, stop worrying :).
    Talk to him on the way to class, do some small talk, ask his interests maybe, pick up on the things that you find interesting too and suggest you could maybe do said things at some point in the future :)
    In regards to the girlfriend, there is nothing you can do if he has, get to know him still but don't try and muscle in, it won't end well if you do :)
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Oct 8, 2009, 06:46 AM
    Why don't you talk to him after class? You're in the same class, so it's not like you're strangers. Furthermore, I highly doubt he will ignore you if you go up to him first.

How often would a guy ignore a girl if she's the one who initiates? If he ignores you, then I would say he's just a jerk.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search