Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    img86 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2009, 09:45 PM
    L1 - H1 transfer
    Hi.. I am on L1 with my current employer. I applied H1B through a consultancy and my petition got approved. My current employer told me that they can transfer my approved H1B to them. Is it really possible to transfer H1B to my current employer, just by having the approved H1B petition?
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Oct 8, 2009, 08:00 AM

There is no "transfer" of the H-1B. They will petition for you directly, just as if they were to file for you initially. The difference is that since you've been counted in one FY allocation, you do not need to worry about the new FY allocation.

Consult with an experienced immigration attorney.
    img86 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2009, 09:35 AM

Hi thanks a lot for the prompt reply. But I am curious to know the chances of getting my petition approved from my current employer. I heard we should be in H1B status before apply for transfer and we should have minimum 3 paystubs from the employer who processed H1B.

So without having all these is there any chance to get my petition approved?
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Oct 8, 2009, 01:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by img86 View Post
    Hi thanks a lot for the prompt reply. But I am curious to know the chances of getting my petition approved from my current employer. I heard we should be in H1B status before apply for transfer and we should have minimum 3 paystubs from the employer who processed H1B.

So without having all these is there any chance to get my petition approved?
    Again, there is no transfer. Your current L-1B employer can file the H-1B directly. If the company and you qualify, your H will be approved. File now, while there are still FY 2010 H's.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

H1b Transfer [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My wife has an H1B and she is in India now. She has been to US couple of times but now she is unable to come back because there are not enough projects in US. So we were thinking of finding an employer in US. My question here is, if she finds a new employer in US, is it possible to transfer...

Another H1B transfer while one transfer is pending [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I had a H1B visa from company A . Recently, I joined company B and my H1B visa transfer is still in process. I do have the receipt for that. . My question is. I got an offer from company C. Can my VISA be transferred to company C... I have I-797 and 3 months old pay stub from company...

H4 to F1 Transfer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I just moved to US this jan 08 on an H4 visa. I have been admitted in a grad school (MBA) and would like to move to an F1. I hear from a lot of people that you need to stay on H4 for a minimum amount of time before it can be changed to F1.. if yes, then what is the time duration. I have...

L1 To H1 Transfer [ 1 Answers ]

I am on L1 in USA. Get selected in H1 lottery and current status is pending. 1. If H1 is pending and I travel to India and comeback before 1st October on L1... Does H1 remains valid? 2. If H1 is approved but not stamped and I travel to India and comeback before 1st October on L1... Does H1...

View more questions Search