Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    racroo Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2006, 03:47 AM
    Installing PTrap
    I have about a 1" stub of exposed PVC piping to work with. Should I install a coupling and another PCV pipe before gluing on the slip connector, so I have pipe to work with in case I need to in the future, or just glue the slip connector onto the 1" stub? Or should I do something different before installing the PTrap? Thanks.
    PalmMP3 Posts: 321, Reputation: 28

Nov 2, 2006, 04:15 AM
    You want to know what I would do - or rather, what I actually did when I had a similar case? I used one of these: http://www.hardwareworld.com/Drain-T...r-p7OAK2B.aspx
    Like this, nothing is permanent, since no glue is involved, only those silver "hose" clamps which can be easily loosened or tightend with a screwdriver or nutdriver.

Oh, and you can pick that piece up at Lowe's (you don't have to buy it online).

Have fun!
    Moishe
    Note: if my answer helped, please click "Rate this Answer!" below. Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reformatting hd and installing different OS [ 11 Answers ]

Hi all--wasn't sure where to put this question, so I opted for this forum. Sorry if it's the wrong place. I want to reformat my hard drive (with Windows XP Home) and install a Win2000Pro upgrade over Win98. And yes, I've thought about it and it's really what I want to do! :p The computer...

Washing machine drain Ptrap [ 4 Answers ]

My washing machine water exhaust tube is connected to a verticle drain pipe for water outflow. At the bottom of this pipe, there appears to be a P-trap section. Attached to the P-trap is a tube that runs all the way up the roof and also down to the ground. It believe that the tube that goes to the...

Installing new toilet [ 4 Answers ]

We are in the final stages of building a full bath in our basement. Tonight we plan on getting the toilet installed. The bathroom was all roughed in when we bought the house. On the concrete slab there is a white plastic "flange" for the toilet. It is completely closed off. I am guessing we need...

Installing new os [ 5 Answers ]

Hi guys, need some advice before I mess things up again... I have two os xp home and pro on same partition, had enough viruses,trojan and worm but thanks to forum I have able to remove most of them. I am also getting error at start up 'secondary disk drive 0 not found' and also cd rom is not listed...

Installing a New Shower [ 3 Answers ]

I have a stand alone shower in my master bath - 2nd floor - that has a small leak. I can't see where it is leaking the corners of the dry wall by the base were getting wet. I noticed that the rubber pieces holding the glass in place had either shrunk or were cut to short to fit the space and...

View more questions Search