Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sharonette Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2009, 04:54 PM
    Fraud marriage
    Can someone who get divorce, overstay their visa ,get a green card from previous marriage?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 7, 2009, 05:37 PM

Hello, please take a moment and see how our site works, you posted this in the forum help area where you get help on using the site.

I have moved your post.

No, you canpt use this from previous marriage.
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Oct 8, 2009, 08:04 AM

Not enough information to answer your question. It depends on when the divorce was completed in relation to the FB PR processing.

If the divorce is after the initial grant of PR; then yes if they can show the marriage was bona fide.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Oct 8, 2009, 09:54 PM

When ask this kind of question, please provide details.. or you will never get the right answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I think the marriage was a fraud [ 3 Answers ]

I've been married to a non US citizen for 33mos. He just left me this weekend claiming that he now wants to be single but took one car, hand his legal documents. He has a conditional green card status. What should I do legally?

Marriage fraud [ 1 Answers ]

My name is Stacie and I have petitioned and helped my husband to obtain legal resident status. However, during the entire marriage he has never been faithful to me and has told everyone that he was with me only for the papers... now that he has received them he has abandoned the marriage and left...

Marriage Fraud Fraud re:Fam. Code, 2210(d) [ 2 Answers ]

I thought that getting married for the second time would be better than the first marriage... Boy, was I wrong!! Fraud (Fam. Code, § 2210(d)). My second wife and I are currently going through an annulment/divorce. Right after her green card restrictions were lifted, my wife immediately...

Fraud marriage [ 2 Answers ]

Can anybody tell me what happens to a U.S. citizen that marries an illegal alien just so that person can get the documents to be a legal resident but gets caught by inmigration because is a fraud marriage?

Fraud marriage [ 7 Answers ]

I have a brain injured friend that was cohered into marrying a illegal so that she could stay in the United States.Everything was rehearsed by the alien and her lesbian lover whom subjected my friend to countless mental stress.He never meant the words he said at a LV wedding chapel nor did he...

View more questions Search