Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    edmays Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2009, 04:21 PM
    Ceiling moving slow
    I have a ceiling fan with a remote control. I can turn it off and on, but it will only turn the fan on slow?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 7, 2009, 06:33 PM

Hold the speed buttom down for 5-7 seconds , did that make a change?

Oct 8, 2009, 07:56 AM
    There are three speed buttons, slow, med and high, which one shall I hold down.
    Thank you!
    Barbara
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2009, 12:51 PM

The fan is slow on all 3 speeds? What make is the fan? Does it have pullchains?

Oct 9, 2009, 03:55 PM
    Yes it has pullchains and a remote. The fan is slow in all 3 speeds. It is a Hampton Bay.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 11, 2009, 10:08 AM

Pull the chain and then try the remote on all 3 settings. All 3 should now be faster or slower, think someone pulled the chain without your knowledge. Use the remote to get the fan moving the fastest, even though it is slower than when new, then pull the chain up to 3 times to get everything running full speed.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2009, 09:59 AM

Set the remote to high. Pull the pullchain until the fan cycles to high speed. Now control the fan with the remote.

IF THAT Doesn't WORK.

Open the fan at the ceiling, remove the remote receiver, wire the fan without it. Does it work properly from the pullchains?

Ceiling Fan Wiring - Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NEW Ceiling fan VERY low light very slow fan! [ 4 Answers ]

I have 2 new Harbor Breeze fans SPRINGFILED Model#294978 and with these fans I have two Harbor Breeze wal control switches Model #130622. I have run two brand new power lines right from the breaker box to these new fans! But the lights only glow like a dead flash light and the fans only go real...

Small slow moving bugs in kitchen and now in drawers. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, A few weeks ago, I noticed what I used to call 'wall bugs' in our kitchen. Since they seemed to be more prolific than I was used to, I began to investigate. I found about 30 under the stove and a few more under the dishwasher. Vaccuumed and bleached areas, vaccuumed all cabinets and...

Ceiling fan is too slow [ 2 Answers ]

I have ceiling fan that is all the sudden running very slowly (it is about 5 years old, but I am the second owner on the home, so no owners manual). On the 'max' setting it appears to be on 'low' and on 'low' it barely spins. No pullchains. We use the wall switch exclusively --- on the switch we...

I need a very slow ceiling fan speed [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Harbor Breeze 98120 ceiling fan. Is there a variable speed control that will run it very slow? I am doing an experiment and need 6 to 10 rpm. I have some electrical background.

View more questions Search