Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    workddntdojob Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2009, 10:39 AM
    Bookkeeper definitely did NOT do their job
    Hello I have a question as I've never run into this before. My fiancée works in Woodstock, ON. We are on a drug plan through them with manulife. Basically they were supposed to be automatically deducting roughly 50 dollars a month for our family coverage, as of July 2008. Turns out family coverage was 150 a month, and to top it all off they haven't been taking it off his pay, and just now said oh hey, you owe us 2300 dollars, and we "should have been looking at our paystubs". Well, agreed, we should have checked our paystubs. But at the same time, we were handed the drug card and told everything was taken care of, and getting prescriptions every month with no questions asked. We filled out our paperwork and they failed to do their job by taking it off his pay. Is there not a certain amount of time they have to let us know these things before they have to take care of it themselves? It seems wrong that it sbeen over a year and they didn't notice this, on top of that they are saying we would have to pay this 2300 dollars before the end of 2009 which is just not going to happen. Plus, I asked them to downgrade us to the basic plan and they are trying to tell me they may not even be able to do that, which is bs I think. Please someone let me know what I should do! Thanks!
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Oct 13, 2009, 05:46 PM

Have no clue about the legalities, but when you say "they are saying we would have to pay this 2300 dollars before the end of 2009" who is "they"? Are you talking to the working level personel or a manager? Would it be possible to talk to higher level person and ask if you can pay over time - with perhaps some initial lump sum? Or,are you sure that "end of 2009" is the final word?

What do they say they will do if you don't pay by the end of the year?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 13, 2009, 06:24 PM

There is no real time frame, esp at this point. What was given to you in writing, the 50 dollars or the 150 dollars

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search