Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    VIC9875 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2009, 03:11 PM
    Airpro furnace blowing at one fourth normal speed
    I have an Airpro furnace model # G9T10014UPC13A
    Everything works fine accept it's blowing at about one fourth the speed. What could it be,
    The Motor Run Capacitor or do you think the 4 speed motor is shot or something else?
    Any help would be much appreciated since its getting cold in Buffalo and I have a 2yr. Old
    Thanks.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 6, 2009, 04:11 PM

Have you checked the furnace filter? How do you know its blowing at 1/4 speed, have you done airflow tests? Check and change filter, then make sure no returns are covered. Lee.

Oct 7, 2009, 02:30 PM

Thanks for the reply mygirlsdad77 but airflow restriction was the first thing I checked. No cold air returns blocked and I removed the air filter completely. The furnace has a 4 speed motor and honestly
    I can tell just by the sound its not running full speed. Any help diagnosing would be a great help. Here is a link to the motor when I googled the model number and it also shows the Motor Run Capacitor.

1/2 H.P. 115 Volt 4 Speed Furnace Blower Motor.(York ): American HVAC Parts
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 7, 2009, 03:29 PM

I would start by replacing the capacitor, also check to make sure you are getting 120 volt to motor,, normally the blower will run slower on heat mode vs cooling mode, you may be able up the speed of your motor on heating, depending on your control board and where the wires are currently hooked. Lee.

Oct 12, 2009, 12:51 PM
    Capacitor it is! I got away cheeeap this time only $4.62 w/tax. Thanks...
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 12, 2009, 02:52 PM

Glad to hear it was a simple fix, good job. Lee.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace not blowing hot air [ 1 Answers ]

I have a intertherm Central Electric furnace Model FEW-015H Voltage supply 240 volts Heating output 53,000BTUH Appliance No.F000551240.It is only throwing out warm air.It run all of the time to heat the trailer up.Before husband died it threw out hot air and took no time to warm trailer up.

Furnace Not blowing hot air [ 4 Answers ]

I have a bryant furnace. The outside unit is making a clicking and kind of buzzing noise, seems like the fan wants to start but does not start up. The inside unit will start up and heat up but the blower never turns on. It is like it is waiting for something, and it never happens. Any advice would...

Furnace not blowing. [ 5 Answers ]

Please HELP!! I am a single mother of 2 and I have a problem. My thermostate is set at 72 degrees. The house temp is at 71 and the sound of the burner can be heard as if the furnace will kick out hot air any minute. Yet, the fan does not come on and start blowing air through the vents. What...

Furnace fan keeps blowing [ 1 Answers ]

Carrier Furnace. My furnace blower stays on after shutdown. Keep getting a code 33 which says flame rollout switch is open. How do I bypass them or tell if they are bad? Had control board replaced afew months ago. If I let the system sit a couple of hours, it will usually reset. Please help.

View more questions Search