Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmh23211 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2009, 04:29 PM

Can't a girl ask a question with out being harassed? I was asking a simple question that got confusing. I shouldn't have to explain myself.
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Oct 6, 2009, 04:42 PM

Unfortunately I wasn't really thinking about why the question was being asked
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 6, 2009, 04:45 PM

Actually yes, you do have to give additional details if you want a correct answer, the laws on age of consent is very confusing.

Plus if the other person is a adult, the girls parents may have other issues and laws they can use against the boy if they are unhappy

Oct 6, 2009, 04:53 PM

This situation has nothing to do with me. It's a friend I am asking for, I have a son and need no such information for myself. Ill give the basics, even though I figured out the information already.

A 17 year old woman has a relationship with a 24 year old woman. The 17 year olds parents are okay with the relationship, and they are accepting of it. The thing I was asking is if its okay for that to happen, being the 17 year old is over the age of consent but under the age of 18.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 6, 2009, 04:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cmh23211 View Post
    Can't a girl ask a question with out being harassed? I was asking a simple question that got confusing. I shouldn't have to explain myself.
    The question is whether you want an accurate answer or not. That's why I asked the question. When you post a vague, open ended question, we may not be able to provide an accurate answer. So yes, you do have to explain yourself. Especially with an issue like this. Some questions can be simple and answered simply. But you are asking about a very hot button topic. And your secretiveness makes you suspect.

Again, if your question is innocent and academic, then why be so secretive? And why be so defensive when you are called out on it?

Oct 6, 2009, 05:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cmh23211 View Post
    A 17 year old woman has a relationship with a 24 year old woman. The 17 year olds parents are okay with the relationship, and they are accepting of it. The thing I was asking is if its okay for that to happen, being the 17 year old is over the age of consent but under the age of 18.
    So why not ask that? Why be so cryptic? Why ask a question that doesn't really apply?

Again, the answer to that question depends on what state your friend lives in. In some states, your friend could be over the age of consent, but a 7 year difference in ages might override that. Another factor is the relationship between the two. For example, if the 24 yr old is a position of influence (boss, teacher, etc.) then that might trigger a violation of the law.

So you see, giving us the real situation, instead of approaching it sideways, like you did, helps us give you an accurate answer. Without knowing the state we still can't say whether the 24 yr could be in legal trouble.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 6, 2009, 05:05 PM

Scott, they reported the post, guess they missed the part where you and I am two of the three main moderators of this web site.

And we honestly have done this for years, personally I have done this type of web site for over 13 years now, and we can read between the lines when there is something not right most of the time

Oct 6, 2009, 05:17 PM

Because I was just asking about Minnesota. I just needed to know the general law on it. I didn't need to know specifics. You don't need to attack me. Thanks for the information though. I appreciate it but I don't appreciate you two attacking me and being rude to where I'm almost in tears. Ill be deleting my account now. Thanks for the help though.

Oct 6, 2009, 06:28 PM

I'm not attacking you, I'm trying to instruct you on the best way to use this forum.

And no you won't be deleting your account since that's not allowed.

Try looking at it from our position. What you wanted to know was, in Minn, would the 24 yr old get in legal trouble. But that's not what you asked. What you asked was a different question which raised questions about your motives.

So, if you want to know what the answer is, let us know, if you prefer to storm off in a huff because you THINK you were insulted, that's up to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's age of consent ? [ 10 Answers ]

I thought age of consent in Maryland is 16 and there's no age gap provisions.. isnt it rite ? So that mean you can have sex with your 16 yr old girlfriend even if u're 30.. rite ? I don't know, if its' right then, what Can you do when u're 18 that you can't do when you were 16? Vote and buy...

Consent to take son [ 3 Answers ]

I am courious, I am married and have a 14 yr old by my husband I am married to now. A few years ago when I was traveling a lot into Canada, he signed a paper that is notorized giving me permission to take my son anywhere in or outside the US. We are having marriage problem I am thinking of leaving...

Age of Consent [ 2 Answers ]

I know that the age of consent in Indiana is 16, but does that mean that a 16 year old can have sex with someone over 21 or is that illegal? Can charges be pressed by parents of the 16 year old if she has had sex with a man over 21? I keep getting mixed reports on this question, so if someone...

Age of consent [ 2 Answers ]

At what age in South Carolina, can a child chose which parent he can live with when the parents are divorced?

View more questions Search