Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    libbyliberty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2009, 01:55 PM
    Bush LCD TV coming on every morning at 3am
    My Bush LCD TV 15W08DVDHD keeps on coming on every morning at 3am:mad:

Does anyone know where the timer is hidden as I canot find it anywhere on the remote and it is driving me crazy

Thanks

Libby
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2009, 02:22 PM

Try unplugging the set for a few hours and see if that resets whatever needs reset.
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Oct 6, 2009, 02:39 PM

My old TV use to have the ability to turn on at a set time. Go into your computer's menu and look in the area of where you set your tv's clock
    DanielF Posts: 158, Reputation: 14

Oct 6, 2009, 10:49 PM
    Libby,

Does this TV in fact have an in-built timer? I was unable to find a User Manual on the 'net, but the few reviews I found didn't mention a timer feature. What does the owner's manual say about a timer?

You didn't give us any history of the problem. Have you just acquired the set? Brand new or second-hand? Did it do this from the beginning, or has it only recently started switching on at 3am?

If it doesn't have a timer, my suspicion would shift to a poorly-designed standby circuit that's being triggered by a voltage spike on the mains power, causing it to come out of standby when it shouldn't. Is there any other electric appliance in your house that switches on at 3am - maybe an air-con, off-peak hot water system, dishwasher, etc?

Daniel

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brown spotting keeps coming and coming [ 1 Answers ]

I have been on birth control for over two years. I have never had this problem before, and I don't know what is going on. For the past two months my period has been so crazy. I have had three periods and now everyday I bleed some or its brown when I wipe. This has been going on for two weeks. I...

Mrs. Bush - get well [ 4 Answers ]

Hello: Good wishes to Mrs. Bush, and her old man, for a speedy recovery. I love her as much as I dislike her son. excon

Bush tv/hello [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I'm new to this everyone.need help got a new remote for my combi bush TV model 145 does anyone have the remode codes for me please

Bush tvs [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Bush Tv... remote is broken... can't get it out of standby and switch it on to get an all for one remote happening... any ideas?

View more questions Search