Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rose246 Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2009, 11:58 PM
    Studying languages,is there any good carees for that?
    I just finished high school,and I don't want to go to college,but what I want to do is learn languages,I already know three,and wanted to add to them some more.but,my parents are telling me that without a college degree or omething,I will have slim chances in getting a job.what do you advice me?like I said I don't to go to college.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2009, 12:58 AM

You can find jobs without college. Look for certifications in translating. You have to pay for them, but once you're certified, its as good as a degree.

https://www.atanet.org/certification/index.php
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2009, 01:04 AM
    Hi, rose246!

What are the languages that you presently know concerning reading, writing and speaking, please?

Thanks!

Oct 6, 2009, 02:11 AM

Now I know english,arabic,somali
    And I'm learning italian
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2009, 02:15 AM
    Hi again, rose246!

In what country will you be looking for a job, please?

Thanks!

Oct 6, 2009, 03:22 AM

In the us.
    setexenv Posts: 45, Reputation: 3

Oct 29, 2009, 02:17 PM

I'm going to tell you my opinion. College prepares you for so much more than a job and in so many different ways than non-college experience can. Also, college can be a real blast if you are disciplined and separate social time from educational time. I really believe that if you opt not to go to college, that you will regret it for many reasons, the most important being professional competition. Go to college, get a degree in something where knowing a foreign language could be important to your career. For instance, business, international finance, political science, whatever, it doesn't matter. Learn to love going to school. It beats the hell out of working and you usually only get one shot at it. The other reason you need to get a college degree og to go to college is social development. Being involved with other students with similar goals but from different worlds, cultures, and religions at the age of college students is an asset that you can't buy anywhere. You will make friends, learn things that you can't get elsewhere, and perhaps find your soulmate. I highly recommend re-thinking your decision. It's nothing to be afraid of... not that you are, but it can be a little intimidating before you get used to it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Studying in class 12 and investing is a good business plan [ 10 Answers ]

Studying in class 12 and investing is a good business plan is investing a good idea studying class 12? If how ?

Understanding languages [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone translate this sentence in English? Nome de seu animal de estimacao

Different languages [ 2 Answers ]

We came to Germany when my elder daughter was 6 years old, and we are living in Germany for two years because of our work as a missinory. Now my daughter is going to German school and can speak German and write German... But may be this or the next year or the last to live in Germany. I am...

Computer languages (HTML, Java, etc.) good for future? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, if I wanted to get a future career in Computer or computer business would it be useful or essential, to learn HTML, Java, PHP, C++, CSS, or any major ones. Also, which should I learn and not learn. I don't know exactly what specific career I want, I just want the general and things that are...

View more questions Search