markhannalayd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2009, 11:46 PM
    Symbols on the inside of my gold ring.
    18k, p10, f, de.
    What do they mean?
    Is the ring worth anything?
    JZH Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2009, 11:59 PM

I don't know what the rest of those symbols means other than the 18k, the 18k symbol means that it's a 18 karots gold ring, which means that it has more worthless metals than gold, and it's worth is between $100 USD to $140 USD, (I had a 18k gold neckless andI went to a jewlery store to see how much it's worht, and that's the price range they gave me). I could be wrong, so the best thing to do is check with your local jewlery store and they will be able to give you an accurate price.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2009, 12:06 AM

18k probably refers to the 18 karat purity

De could have something to do with Germany, but it seems unlikely.
    bcordero2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2010, 08:51 PM
    What JZH that is such a lie. You need to go to a real gold professional because obviously a jewelry store is trying to scam u.
    jennycarol Posts: 72, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2010, 05:02 AM
    The retailer from where you bought that ring can answer this better. Moreover the markings on ring indicate its manufacturer.
    TheRottweiler Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2011, 07:45 AM
    Is there a symbol on the ring as well? Like a crown, eagle, castle, etc. This would be a good place to start, to find its origin and assay office.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Hallmark on gold ring [ 4 Answers ]

I bought a gold/diamond ring in Greece (highly recommended jeweller). The ring is 18ct yellow gold with a 1ct diamond. When I returned to England, an English jeweller confirmed that the ring was genuine. I now want to sell the ring. Do I need to get the ring hallmarked, is this even possible? If...

Mark on gold ring , is it really gold? [ 3 Answers ]

I just bought a "gold" ring that was advertised as 10K gold but upon receipt I find that the mark is not exactly 10K. It has what looks to be a capital U with what looks to be an arrow passing horizontally through it from left to right, but the arrow tip is not visible, only the arrow "tail", It is...

Can I tell how old my gold ring is by the mark inside? [ 1 Answers ]

I have my mother's plain gold wedding band. It may have been her mother's and possibly even my great grandmother's ring. The only mark is on the inside in a depressed rectangular area. The mark is 14k followed by what looks like a sideways W. Can anyone tell me what the mark is (I...

10k Gold Ring Value [ 2 Answers ]

What is value of 10K gold class ring

Gold ring [ 1 Answers ]

I got a gold ring give to me and it has number on the inside I know that it is quite old can eny body tell me what it means the numbers are (5316)

View more questions Search