Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JZH Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2009, 11:10 PM
    I am lost in my own world
    I just turn 26 and as I was going through memories of what I've done in the past, I discovered that I've managed nothing but messing up myself ever since I can remember. I was the least liked kid in my class when I was in elementary school, and didn't learn much, as a result, I was below average in middle school and I dropped out of high school. I tried to live a normal life but I couldn't fit into the social group of people my age. I tried to start a relationship with the girl I like, but because I am socially incompetent, I've managed to scare her away. I've managed to screw up my credit because I can't afford to pay all my bills with the job I have and I couldn't cut down on expenses anymore, and I managed to get arrested (it was not serious enough to carry any jail time and affect my record in anyway). And I live in my own dream world, and I keep myself there because if I don't, I'll definitely go crazy and will end up in a mental institution. I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel and I don't know what my future would be like. I am lost and don't know when and how to get myself back on track.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2009, 11:13 PM
    Hi, JZH!

So, what good things have happened and are happening in your life, please?

Thanks!

Oct 5, 2009, 11:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, JZH!

So, what good things have happened and are happening in your life, please?

Thanks!
    Well, the things that have happened in my life was that I have two close friends that I can confide in with whatever problems I have and they will just sit there and listen to me pouring my heart out, and venting over things that doesn't even concren them, and they will do everything they can to help me out no matter what. And I somehow always managed to keep my job and gets my raise and promotion (even in the middle of the worst recession, I've got an raise.) Other than that, I can't think of anything else.
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2009, 11:35 PM
    Hi again, JZH!

Well good, then! Some positive things things have been happening for you!

Do you have someone with whom you're intimate on a romantic basis, please?

Thanks!

Oct 5, 2009, 11:39 PM
    Hi again, JZH!

Well good, then! Some positive things things have been happening for you!

Do you have someone with whom you're intimate on a romantic basis, please?

Thanks!
    Not really, like I said, I've tried to get into a relationship, but because I am not very good a socializing with others, so I currently don't have anyone special.
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2009, 11:43 PM
    Okay, I'm just trying to get to know who you are here.

Do you have any long term goals or aspirations as to what you'd like to do in the future, please?

Thanks!

Oct 5, 2009, 11:55 PM
    Okay, I'm just trying to get to know who you are here.

Do you have any long term goals or aspirations as to what you'd like to do in the future, please?

Thanks!
    I had some unrealistic goals and dreams when I was a teen, and I have came to realize that it was impossible to achieve what I dreamed about back then. (like becoming the richest person on earth, starting a small business and turn it into a international corporate chain, which I know for a fact that I wouldn't be able to do because I have neither the resource nor the knowledge to accomplish that.) And my dream now is to purchase a house in a few years (hopefully), buy a car (again hopefully), and try to settle down.
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2009, 12:41 AM
    All realistic dreams now, JZH!

What sort of job training and work experience do you already have, please? I ask that in an effort to see if there might be ways that you could supplement your income. I supplement my income in a number of ways...

Thanks!

Oct 6, 2009, 12:57 AM
    All realistic dreams now, JZH!

What sort of job training and work experience do you already have, please? I ask that in an effort to see if there might be ways that you could supplement your income. I supplement my income in a number of ways...

Thanks!
    I have some management experience from my prevoius job, (I was a Assistant Manager in a restaurant, but I guess that wouldn't apply here because restaurant management is very different and hard to apply to others.) And I have some basic knowledge on the inner works of airline operations from my current job. Other than that, I don't have anything else under my belt.
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2009, 01:01 AM
    How are your typing and word processing skills using different programs, please?

Also, do you know how to do spreadsheets?

Thanks!

Oct 6, 2009, 01:24 AM
    How are your typing and word processing skills using different programs, please?

Also, do you know how to do spreadsheets?

Thanks!
    The last time I checked, I can do 35 to 40 wpm, and I have some basic knowledge of spreadsheets.
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2009, 01:34 AM
    Have you tried a temp service to get an additional and potentially better job?

Also, please don't keep quoting me and just simply post an answer. Quoting answers makes the threads way too long.

Thanks!
    Karinaa13 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2009, 03:10 AM

How old are you?

All your doing is pointing our the bad things about yourself. I had a rough stage in my life, very rough. I did a lot of damage to myself and put everyone else around me in a bad mood.
    You might think that you can't get into a social group but that's just BS you just haven't found the right friends yet.
    I myself have a few friends my age but I get along with people older then me a lot better.

My best advice, this helped me to. You have a job but you need to get away find new friends get new experiences. Stop putting yourself in such a bad state of mind, its just a phase. Save up as much money as you can then take some time off and go travel. You don't need to go across the world or anything. But go to a small golf island that you haven't seen before. Meet new people. Go to music fests concerts all that kind of stuff and I garuntee you if you want to be happy you can be.

Oct 6, 2009, 07:04 PM

Hi Clough

I have tried to find a temp job, but due to the current economic downturn, I haven't been able to land anything yet, and I've tried to get a second job, but that also turned out to be impossible at the moment.

Oct 6, 2009, 07:07 PM
    Hi Karinaa13

I'm 26 years old and I understand what you are trying to tell me, but the problem is that I don't have the money or the means to come up with the money to travel, and I can't afford to take a leave.
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2009, 10:36 PM
    Hi again, JZH!

There's a lot of free, online tutors on the Internet that are available where people can learn skills that might be useful in helping to equip someone to be the best prepared for a job as they can.

How about using some of them? When I've been to a temp agency, I tend to score quite high on the word and number processing types of tests because of what I've learned and practiced online.

Thanks!
    Karinaa13 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2009, 11:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JZH View Post
    Hi Karinaa13

I'm 26 years old and I understand what you are trying to tell me, but the problem is that I don't have the money or the means to come up with the money to travel, and I can't afford to take a leave.
    Yeah I understand. Its really hard, even worse these days for money.
    I think you just doubt yourself too much. Think better of yourself. I'm sure your great, you just need to believe it.

Oct 7, 2009, 11:35 PM

Thank you clough and Karinaa13, I will keep your advices in mind and try to keep myself happy, and I hope I could be in a better place than I am now in a few years. Thank you again for your advices.
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2009, 11:59 PM
    You're always welcome for the advice, JZH!

I just hope that some of it helps!

So, what are you going to do... today, please?

Thanks!

Oct 8, 2009, 12:02 AM

Well I will try to figure out how to ask a girl out on a date, she's working for the same company as me and I don't know how to approach her. And then I'll check out some of the online college courses I've planning to attend but never got the chance to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I lost the love I felt, I lost the only thing that ever matterd [ 24 Answers ]

Wow I shouldn't even be feeling pain like this, I am so use to it! Anyway it all started 15 months ago and like a lot of heart ache and problems it started with a girl. We hooked up at a bar but I knew her before hand. She use to be with a guy I knew back in high school and since I line in such a...

Girlfriend broke up with me to travel the world.I'm lost [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, recently my girlfriend of 2 years moved away to another country for 8 months to travel and experience being on her own for awhile, she is 22 and I'm 25 she was in a relationship for almost 2 years before we got together she has never really been single. We got together about 1 month after she...

Lost in the legal world [ 1 Answers ]

Both my Mum and dad have past away,and it's a hard world - moved from introductions -

Lost dad and even more lost daughter. [ 4 Answers ]

Someone please help? I have a 22 year old daughter who last year at this time received a DUI after a nights full of partying. This happened one week before her 21st surprise birthday party. Which of course did not happen due to the fact her DUI violation was issued after she rolled her friends car...

Lost in the world [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, 1st off I was going out with this guy for 2 years and we were best friends for 2 years before that. Well we broke it off about a mouth ago, at 1st I was very upset.. Now I am doing my best to move on. And make myself happy. And I am happy right now. I just miss him every once and while. I keep...

View more questions Search