Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cinchan Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2009, 10:24 PM
    Can a F-2 visa holder run an online shop based on their home country?
    I'm currently living in the US on an F-2 visa. I know that I'm not allowed to be employed nor to get paychecks nor to have a business even if it's online.

My question is, what about having an online shop that is based in my home country and run everything from there except the shipping (all payments go to my local non-US bank)? So, no received payments get into my US bank account. I will have my buyers send payments to my international Paypal account and then withdraw to a local bank in my country.

Is this OK?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Oct 6, 2009, 04:45 PM

That's doable but be careful with taxes. If you need to report taxes in US, apply for ITIN.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

F1 visa student, working online at home country as a publisher for US based company [ 1 Answers ]

Hey experts, It is summer and I am interested in working. However, that is working online. So this is what the overview of my work would be like: Note: I have an F1 visa 1. I run a website 2. I signup with a US based company 3. I publish their ads/offers/surveys and make money 4. The US...

Home-Based Business or Work on a Dependent Visa [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I want to know if I can work from home having a dependent visa? Will that affect me in any way in future? Please help.

Tax payable in US from online income in India for an H1B visa holder [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am on an H1B visa in the US. If I have additional income from online consultancy work that is being generated in India that is subject to TDS (tax deducted at source) in India, do I have to report that income to the IRS here in the US for tax purposes? Thanks

View more questions Search