Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2009, 07:55 PM

Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2009, 08:06 PM
    I agree with Great, with Rai's past position Fair&Lovely. I believe it is now her image she must protect as she is internationally known world-wide now. F&L also has mercury content.

http://informahealthcare.com/doi/abs.../CUS-200046179
    http://www.springerlink.com/content/h17403r46701423l/
    Golden_Boy Posts: 330, Reputation: 6

Oct 6, 2009, 09:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    That does not make any sense. I have seen many blacks with different colored eyes that were not contacts. I had mentioned already that my older sister and my grandfather has grayish-green eyes but they are are black like me. One of my cousins as well as my nephew somehow came out with having blue eyes. I would not consider Indians as white, but as a very mixed race as history clearly points out.

Newsflash: Black People Can Have Blue Eyes Love Muffins! | LOVEBSCOTT.COM

Here is a 100% African Kikuyu girl from Kenya

*Awe* Beautiful what nice contrast thanks for the pics, sis!

It doesn't make sense either than when a dark person has light eyes, people tend to think/assume they are necessarily part "white"(caucasian)... like even about Aishwarya Evolutionarily, Homo sapiens erecta was light-skinned (250,000 years ago) evolved into a dark-skinned homo sapien sapiens of Africa(100,000 yrs ago) and these dark-skinned migrated all over the world since 70,000 yrs ago to present

Yeah most indian subcontinentals are some degree of mix between aryan (caucacus) and dravidian(dark south asian), and other groups of course.
    RedBonewnnagrl Posts: 54, Reputation: 3

Oct 7, 2009, 12:58 AM

I love Aishwarya!! She is so gorgeous!! I agree because 2 of my cousin's children have very fair skin and 1 of her daughters have eyes that are a very bright blue but sometimes look a very bright greyish-blue or greenish-blue.My cousin is black and she is brown skin. And the father of her children is black and light skin. Both my cousin and the father of her children have dark brown eyes. Also I heard somewhere that almost every race even Africans are mixed with something. If not in your intermediate family ,then within your ancestry are people or a person of a different race. Sometimes the genes of your ancestors can skip a generation and be passed onto your children. My grandmother had very light olive skin and my great grandmother father had bright blue eyes and my great grandmothers fathers mother was Caucasian. So in theory according to genealogy my cousin's daughter could have inherited here eyes from an ancestor. I believe that no race is pure. I think every race is a mixture of something ,some people just don't know it.My next door neighbor is Indian and she has very pale blue eyes ,but you can tell that they are her eyes. Anyone could have any Color eyes. Race doesn't matter, so I agree with you both. Also I used to always think Aishwarya eyes were real until I stumbled on to this blog that was discussing whether her eyes were real.Next thing I knew someone had put up these pictures of Aishwarya when she was a baby,teenager and little girl. In these pictures you could tell it was her and her eyes looked brown. Since my computer is still broke I was looking at all of this on my blackberry "LOL" which is like a mini computer.I saved it to my phone and showed it to my mom and emailed it. Everyone was amazed and were like how did this person get these pictures of her.She is still gorgeous to me though!

Oct 7, 2009, 02:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBonewnnagrl View Post
    I used to always think Aishwarya eyes were real until I stumbled on to this blog that was discussing whether her eyes were real.Next thing I knew someone had put up these pictures of Aishwarya when she was a baby,teenager and little girl. In these pictures you could tell it was her and her eyes looked brown. Since my computer is still broke I was looking at all of this on my blackberry "LOL" which is like a mini computer.I saved it to my phone and showed it to my mom and emailed it. Everyone was amazed and were like how did this person get these pictures of her.She is still gorgeous to me though!

LOL There you go. Aishwarya's eye's are really light, just like your Indian neighbor's.

The reasons her childhood photo's eyes look dark/brown are because of the Sephia processing that was standard for India, back in the day.

Aishwarya actually wore brown contact for one of her movies, to darken her eyes for the character, and there her eyes looked fake with those brown contacts. :D

Oct 7, 2009, 03:30 AM

Ok... so you are saying that in the pictures when she was a baby to a little girl she was wearing brown contacts?

Oct 7, 2009, 04:09 AM

I'm saying her baby pics were Sephia processed.

Sephia creates a partial greyscale effect on color photos.

(Subdues color points like little pupils/eyes)

Oct 7, 2009, 04:41 AM

Oh OK
    DarkSkinGirl Posts: 83, Reputation: 6

Oct 7, 2009, 07:07 AM
    Vanessa Williams and the actor guy have a heavy degree of Caucasian and other non black mixed blood. The Africans with blue eyes suffer from some kind of rare eye genetic disorder which makes their eyes blue.

Oct 7, 2009, 07:24 AM

Hmmm but what is non black? African Americans can't claim being African... so what would that make Black people. I think that being an African American "black person" means that you have some African ancestors and ancestors from other races also. I don't believe that there is any pure race because every race is somewhat diluted.And history itself proves it.

Oct 7, 2009, 08:55 AM

Yeah look at Oprah. Isn't she part chinese and native american or something?

Oct 7, 2009, 10:05 AM

LOL No I don't think so... but she could have some Chinese or native American ancestors. Hmmm I will research that and get back to you.

Oct 7, 2009, 10:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBonewnnagrl View Post
    LOL No I don't think so....but she could have some Chinese or native American ancestors. Hmmm I will research that and get back to you.
    Lol Sweet, please do! :)

(... yeah I giggled after I wrote 'Chinese' and pictured Oprah :D But hey you never know... to me she doesn't really look African she has that African American Creole look, imho)
    BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

Oct 7, 2009, 11:05 AM

Nooooo. Golden Boy you are totally not crazy for suggesting she's chinese. Naomi Campbell is part Japanese! Who would have thought that?
    EggoMini Posts: 161, Reputation: 5

Oct 7, 2009, 04:42 PM

I saw on a African American Lives (PBS) show that Oprah Winfrey does have some Asian ancestry.

Oct 7, 2009, 05:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownDeceit View Post
    Nooooo. Golden Boy you are totally not crazy for suggesting she's chinese. Naomi Campbell is part Japanese! Who would have thought that?!
    Good save! So its not just Oprah, thanks! :)

You guys is it true? the reason why it is said African Americans have significant nativeam or asian blood in them is because mostly male nativeam, chinese, japanese, and vietnamese came over and work in the fields with the existing mostly AA women and made babies with them!

Quote Originally Posted by EggoMini View Post
    I saw on a African American Lives (PBS) show that Oprah Winfrey does have some Asian ancestry.
    Cool it would be awesome to find out exactly where in her family tree and what country in Asia, there are sooo many ethnicities (China alone has over 50 ethnicities)!

Quote Originally Posted by mike1215 View Post
    hi am new here. last few days i have been reading product reviews about skin lightening .
    but know one thinks postive always thinking negative anyway just to let you know Fair and Lovely does work i've been using it for 14years and still using the cream and its the best fairness cream on market. use it for long time you will see great result plus it doesnt harm your skin at all. using this cream made me pale white . in summer my skin is pink in winter my face is chin red and nose in a way what am trying to say its the best cream on the market and it works. when i used it first time it took only weeks to see result dont forget dark skin will take time and if you are yellow skin use it u will see the result in no time .just dont use it for week and say or doesnt work and then move to another you need to have trust it will work. and the price is best they have beaten nur76. Fair and Lovely cream is the no 1 each tube cost you only £3. look at the diffrence nur 76 is £97 tube size are 30g each and Fair and Lovely tube 25g is £3 +pp so Fair and Lovely is best not just the price but the product aswell take my advise use Fair and Lovely see the result your skin will glow in dark and your skin will look so beautiful. hope this help and dont forget this does not have any harmfull bleach or etc
    Be careful Mikey!

F&L is reputed to have a trace mercury that can build up over time causes some sort of stain

De-brownification - Ultrabrown
    EggoMini Posts: 161, Reputation: 5

Oct 7, 2009, 06:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Boy View Post
    ...Without having to deal with vitiligo patches or the like, of course.

I have never seen anyone at all other than Vitiligo victims and MJ who wore chalky makeup all over his body.

So is it really possible. I just looked at the Makari video and those people who use it and work there look extremely dark brown, not light by any means. The fair and flawless woman also looks dark.

Personally I consider a complexion a minimum of Aishwarya Rai, and lighter, "fair" or light. And she's not that fair at all, rather wheat-complected, no?

Wonder if she uses anything?? LOL

She's gorgeous.. I do think that the lighter eye color jumps out more in the darker skins.

I'm sure A.R. does use some great products, aestheticians, & dermadocs. I think there's some overlap with great skin care (that celebs and newly wealthy often shift too) and perceived lightening.

On other boards I've read sooo much that this or that celeb is "bleaching" but I'm guessing in most cases they're getting improved exfoliation, nutrition, and sun protection.

I left home for uni and an old high school classmate asked if I'd done something. No, my school was a total wintry nightmare and I rarely saw the sun for months. My home area is pretty sunny year 'round so you can stay tan or sun damaged forever without care.

Now with the products and sunscreen vigilance, my husband is teasing me with MJ allusions but the reality is that it's only a kind of archaeological dig back to my natural color. The other plusses are more of a glow, less spots, an overall younger look (I'm oldish so this is starting to matter to me:cool:).

______

I'm rambling but yes, I think that wheatish is considered pretty fair for most Afro-mix (depends on the family though) people.

One of my friends from Fiji was a bit darker than this girl

And she felt and called herself really dark. To African Americans I think it would be considered medium to lightish (unless your family is really colorist & hardcore light breeding)

Each brown culture seems to have it's own little quirks.
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2009, 08:02 PM
    I never knew Oprah had asian ancestors. I knew about Naomi Campbell, she has Jamaican and some Japanese roots. The same for Tyson Beckford he has Chinese, Jamaican, and Panamanian. I still consider them as black, but you can see it in the eyes the way they are shaped.

Oct 8, 2009, 11:52 AM
    LOL Golden sis & Brown! :p

Quote Originally Posted by EggoMini View Post
    She's gorgeous.. I do think that the lighter eye color jumps out more in the darker skins.

I'm sure A.R. does use some great products, aestheticians, & dermadocs. I think there's some overlap with great skin care (that celebs and newly wealthy often shift too) and perceived lightening.

On other boards I've read sooo much that this or that celeb is "bleaching" but I'm guessing in most cases they're getting improved exfoliation, nutrition, and sun protection.

I left home for uni and an old high school classmate asked if i'd done something. No, my school was a total wintery nightmare and i rarely saw the sun for months. My home area is pretty sunny year 'round so you can stay tan or sun damaged forever without care.

Now with the products and sunscreen vigilance, my husband is teasing me with MJ allusions but the reality is that it's only a kind of archaeological dig back to my natural color. The other plusses are more of a glow, less spots, an overall younger look (I'm oldish so this is starting to matter to me:cool:).

______

I'm rambling but yes, I think that wheatish is considered pretty fair for most Afro-mix (depends on the family though) people.

One of my friends from Fiji was a bit darker than this girl

and she felt and called herself really dark. To African Americans i think it would be considered medium to lightish (unless your family is really colorist & hardcore light breeding)

Each brown culture seems to have it's own little quirks.

^ Interesting, your comment about Fiji friend reminded me of Tiger Woods, who doesn't self-identify as being 'black':

Tiger Woods said he wasn't actually "black" at all -- he was "Cablinasian."

Woods made his remarks on "Oprah," when he was asked if it bothered him to be called an African-American. "It does," he said. "Growing up, I came up with this name: I'm a 'Cablinasian.'" As in Caucasian-black-Indian-Asian. Woods has a black father (or to be precise, if I am interpreting Woods' reported ancestry correctly, a half-black, one-quarter American Indian, one-quarter white father) and a Thai mother (or, with the same caveat, a half-Thai, half-Chinese mother).

And Tiger Woods, in turn, reminds me of Pres. OBAMA, who does identifies as "black", but happens to be lighter than Tiger (in comparison)

"Mr. Obama is 50% Caucasian, that from his mother. "America's first African-American president"'s father is ethnically Arabic, with only 1 relative ethnically African Negro - a maternal great-grandparent (Sen. Obama's great-great grandparent, thus the 6.25% ethnic contribution to the senator's ethnic composition.).

That means that Mr. Obama is 50% Caucasian from his mother's side. He is 43.75% Arab, and 6.25% African Negro from his father's side."

notice Obama is strikingly lighter than all the rest in his family! :eek:
    BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

Oct 8, 2009, 02:52 PM

Well he's half white. What the hell did you expect?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hi. I am a 36 years old female and has been seeing a man for 3 years we have been fri [ 8 Answers ]

Hi. I am a 36 years old female and has been seeing a man for 3 years we have been friends since I was 17 and about 3 years ago that grew into something more. He is everything to me my best friend my lover and my partner. There is no one I would like to spend my time with except for him. He is 56...

A few bad years. [ 4 Answers ]

F I've years ago, my mum, who was my best friend was diagnosed with breast cancer. A year later I found out that my dad was having an affair with his secretary, he left and moved in with her. Then mum was re-diagnosed with a more serious type of cancer. It had spread... But mum was always a...

How many years [ 1 Answers ]

John Roberts has $42,180.53 in a brokerage account, and he plans to contribute an additional $5,000 to the account at the end of every year. The brokerage account has an expected annual Return of 12 percent. If John’s goal is to accumulate $250,000 in the account, how many years Will it take for...

Ontario / Seven years done... Now seven more years? [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Ontario Canada and have waited seven years for a TD Bank entry to come off the "Credit Information" section on my Equifax report, It's come off but now there's a completely new entry in the "Collection Accounts" section for the same arrears handed over to a collection agency. I thought...

View more questions Search