Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    natividad_k05 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2009, 01:58 PM
    Over filling washer
    Why does a washer over fill even when set on a level!
    pokefan7790 Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Oct 5, 2009, 03:20 PM

The water level switch is a pressure operated switch. It has a tube (hose) that connects the switch to the bottom of the washer tub. If it comes loose or gets a hole in it it will cause the washer to overfill. If there are no holes or loose connections in the tube. You should probably replace the switch. Make sure the tub is empty before connecting the hose and starting a wash cycle.
    natividad_k05 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2009, 03:34 PM
    Is there only one hose that I need to check out and where would the switch be located at so that I could check that as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by pokefan7790 View Post
    The water level switch is a pressure operated switch. It has a tube (hose) that connects the switch to the bottom of the washer tub. If it comes loose or gets a hole in it it will cause the washer to overfill. If there are no holes or loose connections in the tube. you should probably replace the switch. Make sure the tub is empty before connecting the hose and starting a wash cycle.
    pokefan7790 Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Oct 5, 2009, 04:06 PM

The switch is located in the control panel. It is connected to the knob you use to select load size. There should be only one hose connecting the pressure sensor on the switch to the side of the tub at the bottom. Usually it just a clear plastic or rubber hose.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washer just keeps on filling [ 11 Answers ]

Hi. My 5-year-old Kenmore washing machine suddenly stopped sensing when it has reached the proper fill level. Instead of beginning its wash cycle, it just keeps on filling and overflows until I shut it off. When I discovered it, I shut it off and moved the dial to spin, which allowed it to drain....

Washer drains while filling [ 3 Answers ]

My washing machine continues to drain the water out even as I'm trying to fill it to wash. Any suggestions on what to do? Many thanks.

GE Washer- Will not quit filling [ 1 Answers ]

I have a ge washer that will not shut off the water when filling. The model number is WDSR2080. Does anyone know what part it is that needs to be repaired? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Washer filling up after spins out [ 1 Answers ]

My washer in the basement fills back up with water after it spins out. The water has just become foul smelling when it returns to the washer. I have already had my septic tank pumped. What else could be the problem?

Kenmore washer keeps filling [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore top loading washer model # 110.26812690. The water keeps filling and won't stop. How do I open the console to reach the water level switch? What and where is the small rubber hose?

View more questions Search