Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CP3fan95 Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2009, 12:23 PM
    About xbox and warranty for it
    So I am getting a xbox 360 and I know that they have the red ring of death so I was wondering about the warranty. Can you but warranty after you have already bought it or do you have to by it at the same time you buy it at the store? And if your xbox has something wrong with it can you send it to some xbox company I can't think of the word but will they fix it for free or will it cost a lot. Ooh and one more question kind of two but how much is warranty when you buy it when your buying the xbox and how much is it after you have already bought it. Can you guys please help me thanks
    Dan_the_man Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2009, 10:16 AM

The xbox 360 comes with a one year express warranty for the console and a 90 day warranty for accessories. Microsoft does not offer any additional warranties for purchase. During the one year warranty period all repairs and replacement parts are paid for by Microsoft. To have the xbox360 repaired you would send it to one of Microsoft's xbox repair facilities. You would need to contact Microsoft and ask them for more specific details on where to send it. The only additional warranty you could purchase would be from a store at the time of purchase. The price ranges from $50 to $100 dollars and generally last for 2 to 5 years, depending on the warranty type. For more specific information, go to:

Product Warranty for New Pre-NXE Xbox 360 Consoles | Xbox Support

In general, you do not really need to worry about the red ring of death as much anymore. Microsoft has made significant improvements and the number of damaged/non-working xbox's has decreased greatly. Just be sure to keep the xbox well ventilated, meaning do not put stuff on top or block the sides.
    czerno Posts: 76, Reputation: 6

Oct 9, 2009, 11:15 AM

The 360 comes with an automatic 3 year warranty from time of purchase for the 3 red ring. Just the 3 red ring though. You can buy a store warranty like dan said but the 3 red ring is covered for 3 years. And if you have to send it to be repaired it starts the 3 yrs over just like if you bought a new console. Microsoft expands Xbox 360 warranty for red ring sufferers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recording Warranty Premiums in a Warranty Adm. Company [ 2 Answers ]

How do I record warranty premiums in an Warranty Administration Company? I think that it should be recorded as a liability to the warranty insurance captive company. Also that any cash receipts for the warranty administration should be recorded as income. Is this correct?

Difference between a warranty deed and a limited warranty deed? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between a warranty deed and a limited warranty deed?

What is the estimated warranty expense and warranty cost? [ 1 Answers ]

A company sells computers with a 6-month warranty. In January, the company sold 100,000 computers at $1,750 each, and 1,500 computers were turned in for repairs during the same month. The total repairs amounted to $185,000 costs from the computer parts inventory. It is estimated that 2% of all...

Warranty expense/ warranty liability [ 1 Answers ]

I am really confused with the following problem and do not know where to even start. C Company began operating near the beginning of 2004. During 2004, C Co. sold plasma televisions for $2,000 each, all carrying a two-year warranty against defects. C company's cost for each plasma television was...

View more questions Search