Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    styzenboards Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2009, 09:53 AM
    Funding for invention
    Where do I find an investor for an invention, in Texas? I guess I'm looking for a local data bank of such information or specific guidance as to what the best route is to locate an investor nearby Austin/Houston. I want to start a small production facility and recreational area for my invention. Is there groups who strictly sponsor certain invention start-ups, in my case, extreme sports?
    ArcSine Posts: 969, Reputation: 106

Oct 6, 2009, 12:17 PM
    Google for "angel investors"... you'll get several hits for various angel networks. From there, you can probably filter your way to finding investor groups local to your area.

Side advice: Spend some time studying the angel / venture investing process. As you increase your understanding of how they operate, what they look for, what kind of deals they have appetites for, and what kind of info they want to see from the entrepreneur, your odds of successfully closing a funding deal will increase exponentially.

There's a plethora of material on the 'net and in any good bookstore on venture capital and angel investing, preparing business plans and financing packages, and the like. VCs and angels receive a boatload of funding proposals every month, and the more homework you do, the greater your advantage against all that competition.

Best of luck in your new venture!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have an invention , but what to do next? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone I am a new inventor and I have an invention ,it`s a new device for building fire escape , and now I am very puzzled because I don`t know what to do next .Though I work hard to try to promote it ,but so far it still seems hopeless . Is an invention really a nightmare for one...

Funding for invention prototype [ 5 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how I can get funding for the building of my invention prototype?

View more questions Search