Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    corinagroeger Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2006, 02:59 PM
    Human Ashes Analysis
    My father died recently and was cremated the two days after. Although he was relatively old (80 years) he was in good heath and his death was very unexpected. At the time we didn't think much of it... that is until we were told, by his wife, that he left a will with her as the main beneficiary. She (an my father) were the only ones that new about the will.

No autopsy was performed and now we wonder if it is possible to analyze the ashes in search for chemical compounds (in case he was poisoned, etc.)... is there any hope? I know we should have done things differently but something like this never crossed our mind!
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2006, 03:17 PM
    I take it "his wife" is not your mother?

Im no expert but at a quick search around the net it appears there have been some studies done on human cremains. Some info I found said that larger portions are necessary to get any accurate information and to my understanding, modern day cremation results in very fine cremains.

As for hoping to find a poison that may have been in the body at the time of death, I see that as highly unlikely. I doubt very many, if any, poisons would leave such a trace in actual hard body matter (as oppsed to blood or soft tissue).

You may have better luck tricking someone into a confession ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who has the legal rights to parents ashes? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a question requarding my fathers ashes. In 1999 my father passed away, At the time of his death he was not married. He had a live in girl friend of 12 years. I don't know if Philadelphia is a common law state or not. My dad had three daughters. Two from his first marriage and one from his...

Human Evolution [ 29 Answers ]

If humans evolved from apes, why are there still apes on this earth? Why didn't they evolve?

I am only human [ 12 Answers ]

Hi everyone, Ok, I blew it. I contacted my ex after a 3 week period of no contact. I feel like crap and I am beating myself up. I had a lot of support from all of you, and I appreciate it. But, I do make mistakes. She didn't have time for me and said she said she didn't have time to contact...

Non-human animals [ 4 Answers ]

Do Non-human animals have values and beliefs?

View more questions Search